1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to eat in Agra

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Sanon60, Aug 25, 2016.

1. Sanon60

Sanon60 New Member

I am going Agra on the weekend to see the Taj Mahal, Red Fort and hopefully go Fatehpur Sikri as well.
    I wanted to know what places there are to eat in Agra. I mean any speciality places where the dishes are popular?

I remember watching I think it was Highway on my Plate where they showed a small place which was very old and served a famous non-veg dish. Sorry to be so vague but that's all I remember!

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

There are plenty of restaurants in Agra serving delectable dishes. Here are some that I can recommend to you:

1. Pinch of Spice - This restaurant has North Indian, Chinese and Continental cuisines. Although its name seems like it's a restaurant from a five-star hotel, it isn't and that's what makes it stand out. As you know, most fine dining restaurants are located in hotels and they usually serve great tasting food because of the price you have to pay. Pinch of Spice is also a fine dining restaurant but you won't find it bundled with any hotel. Dishes here taste authentic and tasty. The downside is that they're quite popular so you have to wait for a while to be seated. But the wait is really worth is especially with their lip-smacking dishes. They also have a buffet section although I won't recommend it as much as their ala-carte dishes. Oh, they also serve free paan shots at the end which would leave you wanting more.
    • Address - 1076/2, Fatehabad Road, Tajganj, Agra.
    • Contact Number - 0562 4045353.
    • Popular Dishes - Dal dukhara, honey chilli potato and garlic chicken.
    2. Dasaprakash - This restaurant mostly has South Indian cuisine. The name Dasaprakash means Light of the Servant of God. A unique feature of their dosa is that they separate the masala part of it, which maintains the crispness of the former. They also have a few Continental dishes and desserts in the menu. Interior-wise, it's very simple and cosy which is perfect for hanging out with friends or with your family.
    • Address - Meher Cinema Complex, Gwalior Road, Rakabganj, Agra.
    • Contact Number - 0562 2463535.
    • Popular Dishes - Dhai vada, chhole bhature and masala dosa.
    3. Peshawri - This restaurant has North Indian and Mughal cuisines. It's located in ITC Mughal, a luxury hotel in Agra. The hotel has different restaurants but this one stands out. The dishes here are more expensive than average but you won't be disappointed by their taste. Service provided by staff is also excellent. The menu separates the vegetarian meals from the non-vegetarian meals which is a great feature of the restaurant.
    • Address - ITC Mughal, Fatehabad Road, Tajganj, Agra.
    • Contact Number - 0562 4021700.
    • Popular Dishes - Dal bukhara, malai kebab and Mughlai naan.
    4. Momo Cafe - They have North Indian and European cuisines. This restaurant is located in the hotel of Marriott in Agra. They are best known for their buffet spread, which has a lot of variety and of course, tastes delicious. They have soups, breads, salads, chaat counters and a wide variety of multi-cuisine dishes. Since their establishment over a year ago, this restaurant is surely one of the best rated ones in Agra.
    • Address - Courtyard by Marriott Agra, Phase 2, Fatehabad Road, Tajganj, Agra.
    • Contact Number - 0562 2457777.
    • Popular Dishes - Paneer kada masala, chicken tikka and garlic naan.
    5. Tea'se Me - They have Chinese, Italian, Continental and North Indian cuisines. They have two sections: one is in the rooftop and the other is a small air-conditioned room. It's best to dine in the rooftop one in winter and during summer, do opt for the air-conditioned section. The restaurant doesn't have a lift though so you need to climb the three flights of stairs. However, you'd be rewarded by great views and food once you reach it. I'd recommend trying out their Italian dishes, it's their specialty. Also, they have a wide variety of teas, so do try that out as well, I'd recommend the apple oolong tea.
    • Address - Near Purani Mandi Crossing, Fatehabad Road, Tajganj, Agra.
    • Contact Number - +91 99979 86867.
    • Popular Dishes - Pasta alfredo, Margarita wheat pizza and chicken quesadilla.
    6. The Mughal Room - They have North Indian and Mughlai cuisines. Perhaps this is the best restaurant in Agra for romantic candlelight dinners. Every evening, there are live music performances which add to the ambience of the place. Although dishes here are quite costly, they are quite unforgettable and worth every penny spent.
    • Address - Hotel Clarks Shiraz, 54, Taj Road, Agra Cantt, Agra.
    • Contact Number - 0562 2226121.
    • Popular Dishes - Gosht biryani, vegetable galauti kebab and raan e Mughal.
    I hope this helps.:)