1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places To See At Tirupati

Discussion in 'South India' started by Premlatha, Apr 26, 2016.

1. Premlatha

Premlatha New Member

Hello every one,

I am a new member here although I have been a frequent visitor to this forum for the last few months but decided to register today as I have a few queries about my upcoming trip to Tirupathi Balaji.

I will be going to Tirupati from Bangalore by bus and would like to spend a few days exploring tourist attractions in and around Tirupati as I have a few days to spare so I am looking for advise on what places would be worth going to at Tirupati apart from the Tirumala temple which is the main reason I am going there.

I dont mind going to some more temples if they are of historical significance and I would be very interested in natural beauty rather than mane made things while I am there. Being from Bangalore I am looking to be away from crowded places for a few days.

Thanks

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Tirumala temple is where every one goes at Tirupati but that is not the only attraction Tirupati has to offer. You can visit the places mentioned below :

Tirumala Temple
    Sri Padmavathi Ammavari Temple
    Sri Govindarajaswami Temple
    ISKCON Tirupati
    Sri Varahaswami Temple
    Sri Kalyana Venkateswaraswami Temple
    Kapila Theertham
    Talakona Waterfall
    Deer Park at Tirupati
    Japali Teertham
    Papavinasam Theertham
    Akasa Ganga
    Silathoranam
    Srivari Mettu
    Sri Venkatesvara Museum
    TTD Gardens
    Sri Prasanna Venkateswaraswami Temple
    Tirupati Rock Garden
    Chandragiri Palaces and Fort
    Sri Bedi Anjaneyaswami Temple
    Regional Science Centre, tirupati
    Sri Venkateswara National Park
    Akasaganga Teertham
    Papa Vinasanam Dam
    Sri Vari Museum
    Sri Veda Narayanaswami Temple
    Tumbhuru Teertham
    Chakra Teertham
    Sri Venugopala Swamy Temple
    Kalyani Dam
    Vaikuntha Teertham
    Shilparamam
    Manigandan
    Ramakrishna Teertham
    Sri Chennakesavaswami Temple
    Sitamma Theertham
    Sri Annapurna Sameta Kasi Visweswaraswami Temple
    Asthana Mandapam

As you can see it is mostly temples or a little bit or wild life but Tirupati does have the potential to keep you busy for a week or even more.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! Welcome to the forum! Here's a few places that I can recommend that you visit in Tirupati:
    • Talakona Waterfalls. You said that you'd like to see natural sceneries instead of man made ones, so this will be perfect for you. You would need to trek for 20 kilometres before seeing the beauty of the falls. You can go swim in the water or just bask in the awesome view of the waterfalls which is about 270 feet.
    • Gurramkonda Fort. This is an ancient architectural wonder, almost 500 years old already. It was originally a mud and rock construction which was then fortified into a rock fort.
    • Silathoranam. A must see place because if its natural rock formations. It's a bit of a tourist spot though so expect to see a lot of tourists. However, I still recommend it if you like seeing natural formations.
    • Deer Park. Don't let the park's name mislead you, you can see a lot of animals in here aside from deers. But yes, the main attraction here is the deers.
    I hope this helps!