1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to see in Surat

Discussion in 'Gujarat' started by Daya, Jul 10, 2017.

1. Daya

Daya New Member

I am going to Surat for a function and after that, I will have a remaining 4 days left in Surat before I go back home.

During my free four days that I will have left, I would like to go and visit places and need to know what places to see in Surat.

I am not too keen on wildlife places, but unless it's a famous place and worth a visit do mention it.

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

There are a few beaches in Surat but the ones I would recommend going to are Suvali Beach which is a calm beach and slowly getting popular with tourists. Dumas beach and Ubarat beach are two popular beaches to visit and these ones also attract many tourists.

Chintanamani Jain Temple is also a recommended place to visit. It is a Jain temple which is 400 years old and is famous for its vegetable dye paintings.

Surat Castle is also a must visit, as it is a popular tourist place to visit in Surat.

If interested in museums then do visit the Sardar Patel Museum which has been established since 1890.

The Dutch Cemetery is also a must visit especially if you love history and architecture.

3. Karan

Karan Member

Certainly, Surat has a variety of places to explore. Here's a list of places to visit in Surat for your 4-day trip:

1. Sardar Patel Museum: This museum is a great place to learn about the history and culture of Surat and houses a collection of artifacts, sculptures, and paintings.

2. Dutch Garden: A historically significant garden that has ancient Dutch tombs and lush greenery, making it an excellent spot for a leisurely walk.

3. Gopi Talav: A beautiful lake surrounded by temples and parks, providing a serene and picturesque environment.

4. ISKCON Temple: The Radha Damodar Temple of ISKCON is a splendid architectural masterpiece and a peaceful place for spiritual reflection.

5. Galteshwar: This serene temple near the Tapi River is dedicated to Lord Shiva. It's a peaceful spot to unwind and take in the natural beauty.

6. Dumas Beach: Although it's not advisable to swim due to strong undercurrents, Dumas Beach is a popular destination for evening walks and enjoying the local food.

7. Dutch Cemetery: A historic site with tombs dating back to the 17th century, showcasing the Dutch heritage in Surat.

8. Sardar Patel's Museum: Located in the Gopi Talav area, this museum contains a wealth of information about Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, a prominent Indian leader.

9. Gopi Talav: A beautiful and serene pond surrounded by temples, ideal for a peaceful visit and some time in nature.

10. Rangupavan: This open-air theater and entertainment complex hosts various cultural events, making it an excellent place to enjoy local performances.

11. Suvali Beach: While Dumas Beach is more popular, Suvali Beach is a quieter and cleaner alternative for relaxation.

12. Chintamani Jain Temple: An architecturally fascinating Jain temple known for its intricate carvings and peaceful ambiance.

13. Hajira Village: Visit this seaside village to witness the vibrant lifestyle of the local fishing community and enjoy seafood at the local stalls.

14. Sarthana Nature Park: A family-friendly place with greenery and a small zoo, perfect for a leisurely day outdoors.

15. Jawaharlal Nehru Garden: A well-maintained park with walking paths, a play area for children, and open spaces for picnics.
    Make the most of your four days in Surat by exploring these places, each offering its unique charm and cultural significance. Enjoy your trip!