1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to see in Kolkata

Discussion in 'West Bengal' started by Jayanti, Aug 29, 2016.

1. Jayanti

Jayanti New Member

I am in Kolkata for my neighbour's wedding, which would last the whole day including the functions and all. My total stay in Kolkata has been arranged for three days, and for the rest of the two days, I would like to go and see Kolkata.

From a tourist point of view, I would like to know about the places to see in Kolkata. I don't know anything about Kolkata so whatever is mentioned in this thread I would go by.

I have an interest in many different things, so you are free you mention all of the kinds of places to visit.

2. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

There are quite a few interesting places in Kolkata that would fascinate you. There is the mother house of Mother Teresa. She is now declared a saint and so visiting her tomb might interest you too.
    The Howrah Bridge again will take a few hours of your time. You should not miss having a picnic at this Great Banyan Tree. This single tree has created a forest running into several KMs. There are roads cut in this forest.

kolkottabanyantree.jpg
    Image Source: wikimedia commons