1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Places to Visit in Goa for Honeymoon

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Ani7, Jun 23, 2016.

1. Ani7

Ani7 New Member

I would like to take my wife on our second honeymoon to Goa. I know that Goa is a popular destination where you will find a lot of youngsters as well as married and unmarried couples.
    I am specifically looking for places to visit in Goa for a honeymoon, which means places which are suitable for couples, without the unwanted noises.

I would also like to know when the appropriate time of year to visit Goa would be as I want the weather to be perfect.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Goa is definitely known for its night life and parties but little do others know that there are some offbeat beaches in there. So to your question, here's a list of some remote and uncrowded beaches or places in Goa:

• Kalacha Beach. This is about 30 kms from Mapusa and can be reached easily through the Querim Beach. It is sometimes compared to the Arambol Beach because of its serenity and tranquility. There are coconut groves and blue lagoons just nearby the beach. Bars, shacks and shopping areas are nearby the beach as well. It's the perfect getaway for a couple looking for some peace and quiet, away from the crowded beaches of Goa.
    • Mandrem Beach. A mere 25 kms away from Panjim, Mandrem Beach is one of the quietest beaches in Goa. But it's most probably known for its dolphin sightings. It isn't impossible to see these creatures swimming near the shoreline of the beach. Homestays are available near the beach as well.
    • Butterfly Beach. Through a boat ride from Agonda Beach or Palolem Beach, you can reach the Butterfly Beach. It is a very secluded but beautiful beach, with blue water and white sand. Because of its remoteness, not a lot of people visit this island which makes it perfect for honeymooners.
    • Sinquerim Beach. Just very near to Fort Aguanda is this paradise island. The great thing about this beach is that there are luxury resorts beside it but it isn't as crowded as other beaches in Goa.
    Aside from beaches, here are other romantic places in Goa:
    • Sarzora Lake which is about eight kms away from Margao. A very relaxing spot to just enjoy the scenery in.
    • Bamanbudo Waterfalls located in Canacona. Such a beautiful scenery seeing the waterfalls flowing through the rocks, it's almost like a water slide.
    It is usually during mid-November to mid-February that tourists flock to Goa. If you really want to avoid the crowds, then the months of March to May would be perfect for you. It can get pretty hot though so pack your sunblock lotion. But I'd say these are the months when Goa is perfectly calmer and more relaxed.

I hope this helps!