1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rajasthan Trip in July

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by SahilR, Jun 23, 2015.

1. SahilR

SahilR New Member

I need itinerary help for my Rajasthan trip which would be for eight days. Although the weather will not be pleasant but unfortunately due to my job this is the only time I have a long period of holidays, hence the only time I can go.

Something on my list is camel overnight trip, is this good during the monsoons.

Please recommend what other places I can visit in Rajasthan, including points of interest. I have already been to Jaipur so would like to avoid that.

2. Deven

Deven Member

If you have been to Jaipur already then the next places to visit are Jodhpur and Udaipur four days at each destination. Although monsoons have started there is not much rain in Rajasthan, so chances of camel riding are high, I would suggest you go for Durag Niwas who provide camel riding for two hours.

3. SahilR

SahilR New Member

Yes it is the monsoons, but I thought Rajasthan does not get affected by the rains, as it is a dry area. Thank you for the suggestion.

4. RakeshGohil

RakeshGohil New Member

Monsoons are all across India, but are arrive at different times in different states. It is not that the state is affected it is that the weather gets very hot and humid which in return makes the trip not so good.

5. KarthikChopra

KarthikChopra New Member

In Jodhpur you can visit the Mehrangarh Fort, Jaswant Thada, Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park, Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum and Jain Mahavira Temple.
    In Udaipur you can visit Dharohar, Bagore Ki Haveli, Eklingji Temple, Sas-Bahu Temple and City Palace Government Museum.
    In Jaisalmer you can visit Jaisalmer Fort, Bada Bagh, Thar Heritage Museum, Patwon ki Haveli and of course Sam Sand Dunes.

I have provided a list of the places to see in Rajasthan and I don't know what your interests are so have given a choice of all kinds of places, so I hope it helps.

6. PuskarRakesh

PuskarRakesh New Member

What exactly are your interests, or what exactly do you like doing as there is so much in Rajasthan to see and do, and you have not given the duration of your holiday either.
    Another place I would like to add to KarthikChopra's list is Mount Abu.

7. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a possible itinerary for you:

Day 1 : Arrive in Jaipur and drive to Bikaner. Arrive in Bikaner by mid-afternoon or late afternoon. Check in at the hotel and rest for the night.

Day 2 : Visit attractions in Bikaner like:
    • The Junagarh Fort. Built by Raja Rai Singh, it is a combination of Mughal, Gujarati and Rajput architectural styles. You will find different palaces inside the fort: Anup Mahal, Chandra Mahal, Hawa Mahal, Dungar Mahal, Diwan-E-Khas and Ganga Mahal.
    • The Lalgarh Palace. Built by Maharaja Ganga Singh, this structure is made out of red sandstones. It is a combination of Mughal, Rajput and even European styles of architecture.
    • Gajner Palace. Built by Maharaja Ganga Singh Ji, this magnificent palace has mesmerising architecture. This is where the Royal Family stayed after hunting sessions.
    • Gainer Wildlife Sanctuary. You can find wild boars and antelopes here. You could even have a camel safari or jeep safari in here.
    • Jain Temple. A fine example of Rajputana architecture with its use of red sandstones and white marbles.
    Rest for the night.

Day 3 : Bikaner to Jaisalmer. Arrive by mid-afternoon.
    • Consider checking in at the tented accommodations provided by The Serai Desert Camp, The Prince Palace Desert Camp, Damodra Desert Camp or Oasis Camp Sam. You can also avail of their camel safari offers in here. You would visit the nearby villages and the Sam Sand Dunes of the Thar Desert during your safari.
    Day 4 : Visit attractions in Jaisalmer during morning.
    • The Jaisalmer Fort. Built by Raja Jaisal, also another example of Rajasthani architecture. It is one of the largest forts in the world.
    • Bada Bagh. Built by Maharawal Jait Singh, this is a memorial garden where nobles and their families were cremated.
    • Patwon-Ki-Haveli. Built by Guman Chand and his sons, this is a five-storey structure standing tall in the city.
    • The Thar Heritage Museum. Sea fossils, ancient manuscripts and weapons, these are just a few of what you can see in the museum.
    Rest for the night.

Day 5 : Have early breakfast and leave Jaisalmer for Jodhpur. Arrive in Jodhpur by afternoon. Have some lunch and visit the following attractions in Jodhpur:
    • Mehrangarh Fort. Built by Rao Jodha although it was completed way after his reign. You could see this in the fort's combination of different architectural styles.
    • Jaswant Thada. Built in memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh, this houses several portraits of Rathore rulers. There's also a garden, a pond and a gazebo outside.
    • Balsamand Lake Palace. The palace used to be a summer resort for the royal family but it was turned into a heritage hotel thereafter. The famous Balsamand Lake is also here.
    • Rao Jodha Desert Rock Park. This is about 200 acres of restored greeneries from the Thar Desert.
    Rest for the night.

Day 6 : Continue visiting the tourist attractions after breakfast:
    • Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum. A part of the palace is still used by the royal family although another part is now a Taj Palace Hotel and Museum.
    • Mandore Gardens. This houses a government museum, a temple and a Hall of Heroes.
    • Clock Tower and Sardar Market. The Clock Tower is built by Maharaja Sardar Singh. Just beside it is the Sardar Market where you can buy some souvenirs to take home.
    Leave Jodhpur for Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh by mid-afternoon. Arrive early evening, check in and have some dinner.

Rest for the night.

Day 7 : Visit attractions in Ranakpur and Kumbhalgarh:
    • The Chamukha Temple. A temple dedicated to Adinathji. It is huge, has about 22 halls and 1,444 pillars.
    • The Ranakpur Jain Temple. A temple dedicated to Lord Adinath, built during the 15th Century.
    • Surya Narayan Temple. Temple dedicated to the Sun God with a statue of Surya riding his chariot with seven horses.
    Leave by mid-afternoon for Udaipur. Arrive in Udaipur early evening, have some dinner and check in at the hotel.

Rest for the night.

Day 8 : Visit attractions in Udaipur:
    • Have a boat ride in Lake Pichola and visit all islands in the lake: Jag Niwas (Lake Palace), Jag Mandir (Jag Mandir Palace), Mohan Mandir and Arsi Vilas.
    • City Palace. It houses 11 different palaces inside of it.
    • Kumbhalgarh Fort. Built by Maharana Kumbha, it is the highest and strongest fort in Rajasthan.
    There you go, I hope this helps!

P.S.

Camel Safaris are okay during monsoon season since Rajasthan experiences little to no rain. Just schedule it at least in the second week of July as it can unbearably hot before that. Good luck!