1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rajasthan with parents

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Angela, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Angela

Angela New Member

Hi everyone

I am travelling to India in a week and will meet my parents in New Delhi to start our Rajasthan tour, my parents are already in India from last 25 days and will be done with South India tour in a week. We intend to make a 2 week Rajasthan tour on our own and need some suggestions from you. I read a couple of guides and blogs, but there are always different suggestions so I will really appreciate if you can help me here.

First, I am looking for a reliable and trustworthy driver who can take us on a 2 weeks round trip from Delhi to Rajasthan on reasonable prices. Also, I do not want to hire a guide so it would be really great if he knows about Rajasthan and can arrange our accommodation too.

Please which we want to visit are: Ranthambore National park, Jaipur, Udaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodhpur, Mount Abu and Pushkar. Please let me know if I am missing any major tourist attraction and anything else which you think I must do or visit in Rajasthan?

2. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

The best way to get a taxi is to hire one from a near by taxi stand near your hotel. You could also get a quote from the hotel front desk to compare the prices. It would be better to get a taxi on per day basis instead of asking how much for such and such place.

Do not depend on the driver for hotel booking and do it yourself online. Every decent property is available to book online instantly and you dont even have to pay online if you go via booking.com kind of websites.

3. PatelJigar

PatelJigar New Member

I agree with Gori Bride that hotel booking should be done on your own, and I think it would be best asking the hotel for a taxi and driver, as they are in contact with taxi providers.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

There's lots of reliable drivers to take you around Rajasthan. Problem is, they aren't allowed to enter tourist places nor arrange for your accommodations. Unless of course, you stay in a guest house they know about. But only tour guides with valid licenses can actually help you in and around tourist spots and accommodations in Rajasthan. These tour guides have completed training theoretically and in practice as well. These tour guides will also have connections with major hotels. Here's a list of a few reliable tour driver/tour guide agencies in Rajasthan:

• India Personal Tours. Their tour driver is named Shyam. You can contact the agency through this number: +91 96548 17595.
    • Rajasthan Trails. They offer different packages with your own tour driver. Their contact number is: 09001890473.
    Then, here's a list of all the possible tourist attractions in Rajasthan:

Jaipur

• The City Palace. This palace complex houses the Chandra Mahal and Mubarak Mahal. It was constructed by Sawai Jai Singh II during 1729 to 1732 AD.
    • The Hawa Mahal. This has about 953 small windows and is shaped like a pyramid. It is believed that the royal women used to look out these windows and view the city from them because they weren't allowed to go out.
    • The Amer Fort. It's best visited while riding an elephant. You need to line up very early to do this as tourists flock for the elephant ride. It is a blend of Hindu and Muslim architecture and was made using red sandstone and marble.
    • Jantar Mantar Observatory. An ancient astrological site used to predict monsoon seasons, eclipses and time.
    Udaipur
    • Lake Pichola. The best way to tour this lake is via boat ride. This way, you can explore the different islands of the lakes.
    • Fateh Sagar Lake. It's also best to explore this lake through a boat ride or even by kayaking.
    • City Palace Complex. Considered as the largest palace complex in Rajasthan, this houses several palaces and even a museum.
    • Bagore Ki Haveli. Learn more about the royal family by visiting the Bagore Ki Haveli. With over 100 rooms, different courtyards, frescoes and mirror work, you'll find yourself getting lost happily in this place.
    • Ambrai Ghat. Offers amazing views of the City Palace and the Lake Palace hotel as it's situated opposite them.
    Jodhpur
    • Mehrangarh Fort. It was Rao Jodha who first started the building of this fort although it took many years before it was finished completely. You can see this in the different architectural styles obvious upon the fort.
    • Jaswant Thada. This was built in memory of Maharaja Jaswant Singh and houses portraits of several Rathore Rulers.
    • Balsamand Lake Palace. Built by Balak Rao Parihar, this is fine example of Rajputana style of architecture. You'll find the manmade Balsamand Lake inside as well.
    • Umaid Bhawan Palace Museum. One part of this is still home to the royal family while the majority have been acquired by the Taj Palace Hotels.
    Mount Abu
    • Dilwara Jain Temples. Probably the most famous temples in Rajasthan.
    • Wildlife Sanctuary. A place where you can find Hyenas, Jackals and even the Leopard.
    • Nakki Lake. An ancient and sacred lake where Gandhi's ashes were immersed. You will find Gandhi Ghat in here.
    • Guru Shikhar. The highest point in Mount Abu which the Guru Dattatreya Temple can be found.
    • Trevor's Crocodile Park. Although it's a crocodile breeding place, the place is very tranquil and serene.
    Pushkar
    • Man Mahal. Built by Raja Man Sing and is a fine example of Rajasthani architecture.
    • Brahma Temple. It is said that there are only three temples for Lord Brahma in the world and one of them is located here in Pushkar.
    • Pushkar Lake. Pilgrims believe that taking a dip in this lake is equivalent to praying and meditating for a hundred years.
    Ranthambore
    • Rathambore National Park. Considered as one of the finest parks when it comes to observing for tigers and leopards.
    • Ranthambore Fort. This is built by a Chauhan Warrior and stands as one of the strongest forts in Rajasthan.
    • Kachida Valley. Known for spotting panthers although you can spot wild boars, sloths and deers in here as well.
    I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.