1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranthambore Tiger Reserve National Park

Discussion in 'Travelogues' started by Gori Bride, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I saw a few threads posted with some beautiful pictures from different places so I thought I would also share whatever little information and pictures I have from different places across India.

Me and my friends went to Ranthambore back in 2006 when I was still a student and we came to India for holidays for three weeks and Ranthambore was where we spent most of our time taking pictures and had a lot of fun. When we first got there the entry was banned by some court temporarily so we just explored the surrounding areas and had a few drinks in the evening and interacted with other tourists around a bon fire. We all stayed at a small resort which only had about 10 huts and a well maintained court yard where they set up bon fires in the evening. It was not all that but very peaceful. This was in the month of December so it used to get cold in the evening and bon fire was a lot of fun.

Ranthambore is not a place where you could just come for a day or two and expect to spot a tiger and take pictures. We stayed at Ranthambore for almost two weeks to be able to take some pictures. There are large pickup type vehicles where lots of people sit together but tourists tend to make a lot of noise and that is a big no no when you want to see tigers. We did make a few trips in those pickups with other people but had no luck so we decided to hire a 6 seater jeep and thats when we had the freedom to go anywhere we wanted and had a lot of encounters with different animals and tigers.

I have posted some pictures in an album I just created if you would like to have a look : Ranthambore national park tiger pictures.

I will leave you with some pictures. I hope you like them :

DhongiBaba, Admin and BadBoy like this.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Those are some very beautiful pictures. I especially loved the one with a bear in it. Very well written travel report.

3. Yuvi

Yuvi New Member

Fantastic pictures.

How many days do you recommend staying in Ranthambore?

How easily can tigers be seen?

4. Deven

Deven Member

I would say 3-4 days is enough stay, but it does depend on whether you would just like to go to the park or also other places in Ranthambore as well.

5. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Amazing pics you have captured here. Thanks for sharing. An inspiration for me to come up with my Bandipur/Madumalai travelogue :)

6. mscaver86

mscaver86 New Member

Wow those pictures are beautiful ! How did you get such a close-up? I did not see any gates or barriers holding the animals back were you scared being that close to them?