1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sariska Vs Ranthambore Which Is Better

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Jessica_91, Aug 10, 2015.

1. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I just read a reply where I found out that Sariska is very close to Bhangarh which I am planning to visit on my upcoming visit so I am kind of confused if I should drop Ranthambore and go to Sariska instead.

I am mainly after spotting tigers if I am lucky and I would appreciate if some one could tell me which place is better for seeing a tiger and what is accommodation like at Sariska.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

I have been to both Sariska and Ranthambore. The problem is that it is not a guarantee to spot a tiger at either of the places. Until a few years ago, Sariska had no tigers atall and the government transported some from Ranthambore. If spotting a tiger is important then go for Ranthambore and also Ranthambore has a lot of birds if you are into bird watching. I also find resorts at Ranthambore to be much more reasonably prices as compared to Sariska probably because of proximity to the capital, Sariska hotel prices remain higher for similar quality rooms when compared to what you would pay at Ranthambore.

3. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

I have been to Sariska three times and never got lucky but the only one time I went to Ranthambore I had a chance to see a tiger for more then 5 mins. It also depends on your guide. Going in one of those battery operated canters greatly reduces your chance as most people cannot keep quite and make noises which is a big no no. Take a jeep and a guide to better your chances at Ranthambore.

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

For spotting a tiger Ranthambore is your best bet. You need to be extremely lucky to spot one at Sariska. Ranthambore is also more greener and plenty of other attractions that can be covered in the same trip. Sariska is easier to get to from Delhi but that is where advantages end. Ranthambore is also a lot smaller as compared to Sariska which makes it easier to spot a tiger.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

If you are planning and wanting to see tigers, it's best to avoid Sariska for that. Your best bet between the two would be Ranthambore. There are many other animals that can be spotted in Sariska, but the tigers there are very elusive. In Ranthambore, the chance to see tigers are low, but still higher than the probability of seeing tigers in Sariska. If you're lucky, you may even spot tiger cubs here as a lot of people had reported seeing tigers along with their cubs.

Also, the accommodations in Sariska can be quite high. So that's another downside to going there. Ranthambore has some affordable hotels around the area.