1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ratnagiri station to Ganpatipule

Discussion in 'West India' started by SanjayP, Apr 27, 2015.

1. SanjayP

SanjayP New Member

I am going to Ganpatipule next month and I will be getting a train there and be arriving at Ratnagiri train station. I need some questions answered regarding the trip from the station to Ganpatipule, and would be happy if they can be answered by forum members.

1. How efficient are the trains, are they ever delayed?

2. What is the duration time from Ratnagiri station to Ganpatipule?

3. What is the best way to travel from the station to Ganpatipule?

Thank you.

2. Prits

Prits Member

Trains can get delayed at times due to many reasons, so make sure that the arrangements made at the destination are arranged accodingly such as any kinds of bookings.
    Duration from the station to Ganpatipule is around 45 minutes.
    If you have a lot of luggage and traveling with kids then maybe a car would be the best way of traveling, but if your traveling light then a rickshaw or bus would be good.

3. SanjayP

SanjayP New Member

Do you think trains would be busy, should I make advance booking?

4. RaviDua

RaviDua New Member

Yes trains can be busy and you should not risk purchasing the tickets till the last few days, make an advance booking to be on the safe side.
    The duration from Ratnagiri station to Ganpatipule 55km which as Prits has mentioned is around 40-45 minutes.
    If you are getting public transport and want to get to your destination quick then get a rickshaw, getting a bus would take time.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there!

This depends on the type of train. So here are my observations, passenger trains can have delays as little as 20 minutes or as long as an hour. On the other hand, express trains going to the Ratnagiri Railway Station might be a bit more punctual. For instance, I've encountered trains arriving on time, sometimes as early as 2 minutes or sometimes as early as 30 minutes. But express trains can be as late as 20 minutes or two hours at the most, sometimes as well.

It's best to book your train ticket well in advance. This is to avoid the hassle of booking tickets on the day of your journey. And this way, you can book express trains which are faster and more comfortable. Passenger trains don't have online bookings though and it's on a first come, first serve basis. However, like I said, express trains are more reliable at times.

The distance between the Ratnagiri Railway Station and Ganpatipule is about 30 kms. You can reach Ganpatipule in about 50 minutes or more.

Here are your transportation options from the Ratnagiri Railway Station to Ganpatipule:
    • Bus - From the Ratnagiri Railway Station, you can ride the MSRTC City Bus going to the MSRTC Bus Station. From the bus station, just ride a bus going to Ganpatipule via Arevare.
    • Taxi - You can also ride a taxi from the railway station to Ganpatipule. This can be more costly though but also the most comfortable option.
    I hope this helps!