1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Resorts in Kanha National Park

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by ridhul, Sep 10, 2016.

1. ridhul

ridhul New Member

I am taking my kids and nephew to Kanha National Park, for their long awaited holiday. Also along with me will be my wife and sister.
    I am trying to arrange for a good resort in the park. There are two things I need to be clarified which are:

1) Are there resorts available inside the park or just outside the park?

2)Is it better to stay inside the park or outside the park?

Please list some average priced resorts (Rs1000 - Rs2000) in Kanha National Park.

There is nothing special which is required, but just the resort staff to be cooperative and kind.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

As far as I know, there is only one resort located in the core area of the Kanha National Park. This is the Kanha Baghira Log Huts, which is a government-owned resort. It is managed by the Madhya Pradesh Tourism Development Coorporation Limited. It is located about four kilometres away from the Khatiya Gate of the national park.

There are about 16 standard rooms in the lodge, 4 are Deluxe Rooms and 12 are Executive AC Rooms. Their rates are the following:
    • AC Deluxe Single/Double Room at Rs. 5,400 per night.
    • AC Executive Single/Double Room at Rs. 6,400 per night.
    The resort also has a restaurant offering Indian, Continental or Chinese cuisines. You can also opt for local dishes which you can request from the kitchen staff.

There were news as well that this resort is going to be moved out of the core area of the Kanha National Park, as per regulations set by the Supreme Court. I remember it was supposed to be in July 2016 that their closing was supposed to happen. I don't know though if this has happened already. If it did, then you won't find accommodation options inside the park anymore.

As I've mentioned, the government has made it mandatory for all resorts to move out of the core area of the national park so I don't know if you can still find the resort inside the park nowadays. Of course staying inside the core area of the park is an amazing experience in itself. But since there are no more accommodation options, you can just stay outside the park where there are numerous resorts that you can choose from.

Here are some resorts outside the Kanha National Park within that price range:

1. Kanha Eco Lodge - This resort is located on the buffer zone of the Kanha National Park. This is the only budget accommodation near the park which gives guests a tribal village setting with mud houses along with modern amenities. Their restaurant is named Kodo Kutki and it serves Indian, Chinese and Ethnic cuisines. They also serve Jain dishes. They have a separate kitchen for their vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes. For the kids, they can enjoy swimming in the outdoor pool at the resort. They also have facilities for indoor gaming as well as a mini-library for the bookworms.
    • Tariff - Standard Air-Cooled Room at Rs. 1,800 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air cooler, electric kettle, work desk with chair and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Resort Facilities - Outdoor swimming pool, restaurant, library, games room, sightseeing tours and travel desk.
    • Address - Near Kanha National Park, Village Boda Chhapri, Post Mocha, Kanha, Madhya Pradesh 481768.
    • Contact Number - +91 99778 53263.
    2. Kingfisher Resort - This resort is also located nearby the Kanha National Park. Its location is amidst the dense forest and jungle so it's not impossible to see the animals within the park. Their cheapest room is within your price range yet it doesn't disappoint on the amenities. Their restaurant serves international as well as local cuisines. They also arrange safari tours and tribal activities for guests. They also have internet facilities for guests.
    • Tariff - Non AC Room at Rs. 2,000 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-cooler, tea/coffee maker, refrigerator, television and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Resort Facilities - Safari vehicles, restaurant, internet facilities, power backup, conference hall, tribal activities, travel desk and doctor on call.
    • Address - Kanha National Park, Chhapri Road Village Mocha, Kanha, Madhya Pradesh.
    • Contact Number - 07 6492 77230.
    3. Motel Chandan - This resort was established by Kissu Chacha but it is now handled by his sons. The resort is located very close to the entry gate of the Kanha National Park. Their rates are very economical especially since they offer quite complete amenities and facilities. They also have rates bundled with jeep safaris already so you can opt for that as well. The resort also has three restaurants within the premises, offering both local and international cuisines.
    • Tariff - Deluxe Single Cottage at Rs. 1,750 per night and AC Single Cottage at Rs. 1,800 per night.
    • Room Amenities - Air-cooler/air-conditioning, television and attached bathroom with toiletries.
    • Resort Facilities - Safari vehicles, restaurants, nature trails, tribal actives and village tours.
    • Address - Near Forest Entry Gate, Khatia, Opposite Aranyak Art Emporium, Khatia, Madhya Pradesh 481468.
    • Contact Number - +91 7649 277 220.
    So there you go, these are all the resorts within your price range. Other resorts are above the limit you provided. I hope this helps!