1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Gir National Park?

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by Binny Chawla, Jan 24, 2018.

1. Binny Chawla

Binny Chawla New Member

I am from Jaipur and I am interested in visiting Gir National Park this year before the summer season starts. I would like to know how to reach Gir National Park, it would be good to know all the options (car, train, flight) for traveling and I can decide which way to go to the park.

Thank you.

2. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

There are many ways for you to travel from Jaipur to Gir National Park, it all depends on what budget you are on and what is the most convenient way for you to travel. I have provided you with the traveling options below so you can decide how to travel to the park.

Flight

You can get a flight to different airports in Gujarat and then you would need to either get a taxi or bus to reach Gir National Park. The flight options are as follows:

Jaipur to Rajkot flight (4 hours and 30 minutes)
    Rajkot to Gir National Park by taxi (4 hours)

Jaipur to Diu flight (4 hours and 30 minutes)
    Diu to Gir National Park by taxi (2 hours 25 minutes)

Bus

You can also travel by bus from Jaipur to Gir National Park but have to change somewhere in order to reach the final destination. The bus options are as follows:

Jaipur to Talala bus which would travel through Udaipur and Ahmedabad (19 hours)
    Talala to Gir National Park by taxi (1 hour and 45 minutes)

Train

Traveling from Jaipur to Gir National Park is also an option, and details are as follows:

Jaipur to Junagarh Junction by train (20 hours)
    Junagarh Junction to Gir National Park by taxi (2 hours and 15 minutes)

Taxi

You could either self-drive or get a taxi from Jaipur to Gir National Park, this will take you a total of 18 hours to reach.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Sure, I can provide you with information on how to reach Gir National Park from Jaipur using different modes of transportation.

By Air:
    The nearest airport to Gir National Park is Diu Airport (DIU), which is well-connected to major cities. You can take a flight from Jaipur to Diu, and from there, Gir National Park is approximately a 2.5 to 3-hour drive.

By Train:
    The nearest railway station to Gir National Park is Junagadh Junction (JND). You can take a train from Jaipur to Junagadh and then hire a taxi or use local transportation to reach Gir, which is around 65 kilometers away.

By Road:
    You can also opt for a road trip by car from Jaipur to Gir National Park. The journey will take around 15-16 hours, and the route may include highways like NH48. Ensure that you plan for breaks and take the necessary precautions for a long road journey.

Travel Tips:
    • Best Time to Visit: It's great that you plan to visit before the summer season starts. The best time to visit Gir National Park is from December to March when the weather is pleasant.

• Accommodation: Make sure to book your accommodation in advance, especially if you plan to stay within the Gir Forest area.

• Safari Permits: If you are planning to go for a safari, obtain the necessary permits in advance. Check the forest department's official website or contact them for details.

• Wildlife Spotting: Gir National Park is famous for its Asiatic lions. While planning your visit, consider the early morning or late afternoon safari slots for better wildlife sightings.
    Make sure to check for any travel advisories or updates, and plan your trip accordingly. Safe travels!