1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Katra To Srinagar Travel Time

Discussion in 'North India' started by Vineet, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Vineet

Vineet New Member

I will be in Katra going Vaishno Devi, and I will be spending three days there, after which I would like to go Srinagar. The season seems right to go, and I think during this time the there will be less rush as compared to the coming days.

I would like to know what the Katra to Srinagar travel time is?

I would have my vehicle, so would it wise to take my car to Srinagar or take public transport?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The travel time between Katra and Srinagar is 7-8 hours, and this covers a distance of 270km.

I think taking your vehicle or public transport is a personal option and also depends on how you feel especially after the walk to the Vaishno Devi Mandir. If you feel good enough by all means take your vehicle, it would be more convenient and save you the money.

The options for public transport are taxi or bus.

3. KK

KK Member

I would like to amend some information about the travel time, as it can take up to 10 hours to reach Srinagar from Katra. It would also depend on what time of day you leave from Katra.
    The earlier you leave the less time it would take, as you would avoid any traffic.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! It depends on what vehicle or mode of transportation you take. But usually, here would be the approximate travel times for each type of vehicle or mode of transportation:
    • With your car or maybe a private cab, it will take you six to seven hours. It's about 25o kms and then you'd need to consider the traffic on the Srinagar Highway as well.
    • With a bus or a Volvo, it can take you seven to eight hours.
    • The fastest way would be though air travel but that isn't part of your options, I guess.
    It would be very practical to take the buses instead of your car. They are cheaper and you don't need to worry about driving. You can just relax during the whole trip. These are direct buses anyway so you don't need to transfer from one mode of transportation to another.

But there is that convenience with bringing your own car. You can make stops at your own preference. You can be as slow or as fast as you want. You can bring in your family or friends and have a great time.

So it's up to you really. There's not much difference on the travel time anyway, so it's up to your preference.

Take care!