1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Road Trip Views & Suggestions

Discussion in 'North India' started by prashanth.prasha, Aug 6, 2015.

1. prashanth.prasha

prashanth.prasha New Member

Hi ... I am a newcomer here ... We are two guys planning a pan India road trip commencing 25th of August ... Please give us inputs & suggestions based on your experiences so that we can make this trip a memorable one

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

@prashanth.prasha

That sounds like a great idea. Where are you starting from and do you have a rough idea of places you would be covering?

If you are going to Leh and Ladakh then go there first because after that snow would cover everything and roads become impossible.

3. prashanth.prasha

Hey thanks for the input ... We would be leaving Bangalore probably by the 30 of this month ... Start with Gujarat & head further .... We are still finalizing our itinerary ..... We would b in Leh by 14-16 .... Do you think the time would be right ....

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Sight seeing in Leh and Ladakh using your own vehicle is not a good idea. People are being attacked by taxi union guys out there. Taxi unions want to ban outside vehicles coming in the area so that their taxi demand goes up.

That is one thing that you should keep in mind. Other wise 14-16 August is alright even though you might get some heavy rains on the way and may get stuck in a traffic jam due to land slides which are not that uncommon. Minor land slides are cleared off the roads by BRO very quickly and roads don't stop for very long as those roads are used by the military too.

We do have a very detailed Leh and Ladakh thread that you would find helpful (Open on a desktop computer if possible as that page is huge).

5. prashanth.prasha

We are not taking a taxi .. We are driving our own vehicle ... Would it still be a problem bro ... ? And it will not be August but September ... Will that be okay ...

6. Chahal

September is a whole lot better then August because landslides and cloudbursts and what not will all be over by then. You do start feeling a little cold by then but it is still a great time to go there.

From what I hear it is not safe even with own vehicle. Things may have got better in the last week or so but until last week even private vehicles were getting attacked.

7. prashanth.prasha

Ok ... Another point ... Do u think it is wise to see if we can get another partner to travel with us and share costs

8. Chahal

If you have empty seats then why not. It is really a matter of personal choice.

9. prashanth.prasha

We do have empty seats cos we r only two of us in a seven seater .... Will keep troubling u with queries ... Pls oblige & guide us ....

10. Chahal

Sure, any time :)

11. prashanth.prasha

Thank u bro .... Pls b patient if u get too many queries cos this is the first time we r doing something of this sort ... We will also consider taking someone along with us ... If we do is. There some kind of formality we have to take ...?

12. Chahal

I dont understand what formalities you are referring to.

13. prashanth.prasha

Formality as in any kind of an undertaking or something of that sort cos he/she will probably b unknown to us

14. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

What sort of arrangement you have with some one is none of anyone's business. I don't know what undertaking you are talking about but normally people would just get in touch and see if the plans match and they talk about the contribution they would make and off they go. I don't see any complications with that.

15. prashanth.prasha

Thank u bro ....[emoji5]️

Chahal likes this.
  16. prashanth.prasha

Bro can u send me the thread u mentioned yesterday ....?

17. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It is all in this same thread, just scroll up a little. This is why I don't use my phone to browse websites. Tapatalk is great for reading but when you are having a two way communication it is best to use a desktop computer :)