1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sea Rock Inn

Discussion in 'West India' started by MissAwesome, Apr 18, 2016.

1. MissAwesome

MissAwesome New Member

I am considering staying at the Sea Rock Inn hotel while on holiday in Daman. I have tried to find some information which I need but not been successful. Maybe it is just the way of finding out things from the internet, which I am not too good at!

Here are my questions about Sea Rock Inn hotel:

1. What is the price difference between a regular double room and a beach front facing room?

2. Does the hotel provide free WiFi?

3. What is the restaurant food quality like out of 10?

4. What time does the hotel serve breakfast until?

5. Is there a garden restaurant as well?

6. What recommendations would you give for restaurants near the hotel?

7. What attractions are near the hotel?

2. Anurag

Anurag Member

1. A deluxe double room is Rs5500, and a deluxe double room (sea facing) is Rs6500, sSo a difference of Rs1000 between the two rooms.

2. Yes, the hotel does provide WiFi, which is free.

3. Food quality is excellent and out of 10 it would be 8, but the food in the hotel restaurant would be costlier than the food in restaurants outside.

4. Breakfast is served from 8 am till 10 am.

5. Yes, there is a garden restaurant as well, where you can enjoy your meals at any time of the day.

6. Some good restaurants near Sea Rock Inn are, Punjabi Tadka The Restaurant, Veera Da Dhaba, Mira Sol Lake and Restaurant, O'Coqueiro Restaurant and Daman Delight.

7. Mira Sol Lake and Garden, Jampore Beach, Cathedral of Bom Jesu, Jetty Garden, St Jerome Fort, Dominican Monastery, and Zoroastrian Museum.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!

Here's the answers to your questions:

A regular double room costs Rs 5,500 while a beach front facing one costs Rs 6,500. The price difference is about Rs 1,000.

Yes, there's wifi in the hotel, free of charge.

I would say the the food quality is superb, a 10. Whether it's breakfast, lunch or dinner, we weren't disappointed. There is an authentic taste to their dishes and you won't run out of options as well. There's also a cafe and a bar, in case you'd want to relax and try out other drinks.

Breakfast is served from 8 am up to 11 am.

The garden has an outdoor seating if you do want to eat while outside. But in case the weather is too hot for that, you can opt for the indoor seating.

There's Veera Da Dhaba, which features mainly vegetarian dishes. Then, there's also Gurukripa, which mainly offers Chinese dishes. If you like authentic Indian cuisine, go for Tawakkal. If you want different cuisines, then there's Daman Delite which offers Indian, Chinese and seafood dishes. Pind Punjab Da also offers authentic Indian dishes.

Consider visiting the Mirasol Water Park, it's perfect for kids and those young at heart. If you'd like some tranquility and serenity, then go to the Mirasol Lake which is just small enough and good enough for those who wants to enjoy the sceneries. The Kadaiya Lake Garden is a few minutes away from the Water Park and I'm sure kids will enjoy this place.

I hope this helps, enjoy your trip!

Admin likes this.
  4. Mira

Mira New Member

I have chosen this hotel to stay at in Daman with my family. I have three kids aged 10, 8 and 5 years old and I wanted to know what places are there to visit near the hotel which are suitable and interesting for kids.

Does the hotel organise any games or activities for the kids?

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Mira!

Here are some attractions nearby the Sea Rock Inn which are suitable for kids:

Parks/Gardens
    • Mirasol Lake Gardens - This is a manmade lake, with two islands connected by a bridge. For families, having a picnic here can be a fun activity. Boating facilities are also available here. There's also a toy train here for the kids. There's also a park here which the whole family can enjoy. For the adventure seekers, try out their Go-Karts and Jumper Boats. Fee is Rs. 10 for adults and Rs. 5 for kids.
    • Mirasol Water Park - This is just very near the Mirasol Lake Gardens. There's a wave pool here that children and adults can enjoy. There are also water slides, water coasters and rides here. There's also a mini-train here for the kids.
    • Jetty Garden - This is located near the bank of Damanganga River. There's a fountain here that is quite fun to watch. Kids will have a blast with the rides here appropriate for them.
    • Vaibhav Water Park - There are about 36 thrilling water rides in here appropriate for kids aged 3 and above. They also have restaurants in the park that serves delicious food.
    Beaches
    • Devka Beach - This is a laid-back beach, 3 kms North of Nani Daman. During low tide, kids can enjoy collecting sea shells from the water. You can also enjoy just walking along the shore of the beach, especially during sunset.
    • Jampore Beach - This is about 3 kms South of Moti Daman. This is a great beach for kids because there are no currents or rocks under the water. Some tourists opt to ride a horse and enjoy the views of the beach.
    As for the Sea Rock Inn itself, there are some activities that kids can enjoy there:
    • Swimming in the kiddie pool.
    • Children activities like indoor games and outdoor games.
    I hope this helps!