1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Singapore Tourist Visa from India

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by Madaan, Jul 18, 2016.

1. Madaan

Madaan New Member

I am interested in going to Singapore and have a few questions regarding a Singapore tourist visa from India.

Do we (Indian citizens) require a visa for Singapore?

If yes then I have the following questions:

Where do I apply a Singapore visa from in India?

How long would it take to get a visa?

Please give an estimate to the costs involved?

Are there any particular documents I need to apply, which would help in the visa approval?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Madaan! Welcome to the forum!

Yes, citizens or passport holders in India need to apply for a visa to enter Singapore. India is part of the Assessment Level I countries along with Myanmar, China, Georgia, Russia and other countries. There is also an Assessment Level II countries like Pakistan, Morocco, Afghanistan and many more that also need a visa to enter Singapore.

You can apply for a visa online through the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority Website of Singapore. You can apply online or through accepted visa agents which can be seen from the website of the ICA. Otherwise, just go to the nearest Singapore Consulate in your city. Here are their branches:

1. Singapore High Commission in Delhi
    • Address: E-6 Chandragupta Marg, Chanakyapuri, 110021, New Delhi, India.
    • Contact number: +91-11-4600-0915.
    2. Singapore Consulate in Chennai
    • Address: 17-A North Boag Road, 600017, Chennai, India.
    • Contact number: +91-44-2815-8207.
    3. Singapore Consulate in Mumbai
    • Address: 152, 14th Floor, Maker Chambers IV, 222, Jamnalal Bajaj Road, Nariman Point, 400021, Mumbai, India.
    • Contact number: +91-22-2204-3205.

The processing time for the visa is about one day, excluding the day of application. Public holidays and weekends are also excluded.

Here are the costs for the processing of the Singapore visa:
    • Visa processing fee at Rs. 1,495 or ‎‎‎30 Singaporean dollars.
    • Visa agents have a charge of Rs. 300 as well
    Total would be: Rs. 1,795

Here are the required documents for the application of the Singapore visa:
    • Valid passport with at least 6 months of validity.
    • Completed and signed Form 14 A (You can download this from the ICA website or get it from the visa agent).
    • 2 passport sized photographs adhered to the Form 14 A. Make sure it's recent, taken at least 3 months ago. Background should be white and no headgear should be worn in the photograph.
    • Cover letter of the applicant from the Embassy or from a contact in Singapore.
    • Confirmed ticket with itinerary and hotel bookings. If you have a contact with someone in Singapore and you're staying there, you'd need their Singapore Identity Card's photocopy.
    • Proof of financial ability like bank statements.
    You will then have the visa agent pickup these documents from your house. You have to pay a courier fee depending on how far the agency is from your house. Or you can just submit them yourself in the Singapore Consulate near you, I've mentioned their branches above.

I hope this helps!

3. Deven

Deven Member

Yes, Indian citizens require a visa to travel to Singapore for tourism. Here are the answers to your specific questions:

1. Where to Apply:
      • You can apply for a Singapore tourist visa through the official website of the Immigration and Checkpoints Authority of Singapore (ICA) or through an authorized visa agent.
    2. Processing Time:
      • The processing time for a Singapore tourist visa can vary. It is recommended to apply well in advance of your planned travel date. The standard processing time is typically within a few working days, but it's advisable to check with the specific processing times mentioned by the visa processing center.
    3. Costs:
      • The cost of a Singapore tourist visa can vary depending on the type of visa and processing fees. Fees are subject to change, so it's recommended to check the latest fees on the official website or contact the visa processing center. Additionally, there might be service charges if you apply through an authorized visa agent.
    4. Required Documents:
      • Commonly required documents may include:
        • Passport with a minimum of six months validity from the date of entry.
        • Visa application form.
        • Passport-sized photographs.
        • Confirmed return flight tickets.
        • Hotel reservation details.
        • Bank statements to show proof of sufficient funds.
        • Travel itinerary.
      • Please note that the specific requirements may vary, and it's essential to check the latest information on the official website or with the authorized visa agent.
    Before applying, it's advisable to review the most recent guidelines and requirements to ensure a smooth application process.