1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Snow point in Manali in June

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Anurag, May 6, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Anurag

Anurag Member

I have heard there is a snow point in Manali, but I don't exactly know where this is. Can someone please shed light regarding the snow point and whether there would be snow there during the month of June?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Snow point has no fixed place and it is referred to the area where there is snow, which is around the time when Rohtang Pass can not be accessed, so the location would change every year.

3. Sunny

Sunny New Member

That is true snow point location changes every year as it all depends on the weather, where there is most snow in the area. But be sure that you will know where snow point is when you go to Manali as many tourists will be going there and also the people living there will let you know of the location...:)

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As they have said, Snow Point changes its location every year. However, its other name is Solang Valley and you can ask around where you can find it. It's about 12 kms from the main town before Kothi and about 13 kms away from Manali. You can find it en route to Rohtang but you'd need to take a left turn at Palchan.

There would be snow in the area even during June. Generally, you can find snow all-year round here and in some other places in Manali like Rohtang Pass and Rani Nala. However, it's not pure snow that you can make snow men with. Expect the snow to be a bit dirty or even muddy at times. It depends on how far off the winter season you are. But still, it's snow and it's better than nothing.

Snow Point or Solang Valley is known for its snow sports and other adventures. You can try skiing, horse riding and other snow sports in here. Some opt for paragliding, bungee jumping and sorbing which are equally fun as well. Otherwise, just enjoy playing with the snow or taking pictures with your family or friends.

If you'd like to experience another place with snow, there's Rani Nala. It has snow all year round as well. You can find it en route to Rohtang Pass.

I hope this helps!