1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather in Gulmarg in June

Discussion in 'Jammu & Kashmir' started by Nishi, Jun 1, 2016.

1. Nishi

Nishi New Member

A Gulmarg holiday has been planned for mid-June. I know a lot of people who have already been and come back from Gulmarg, which is making me think if the weather will be good in Gulmarg in June or not, or even if it is the peak season to go or not.

Please give details about the weather in Gulmarg in June.

Will there be snow in Gulmarg in June?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Summer in Gulmarg begins from March and lasts until June. June is considered as a summer month still in Gulmarg. Summers in Gulmarg are particularly pleasant. Temperatures here don't exceed 29°C so you're in for a treat. It's actually the best time for sightseeing local attractions. At the same time, you can activities like trekking or nature walks. This is considered off-peak season and you can score some pretty good discounts during this time.

Monsoon season in Gulmarg starts from July to August although the place doesn't receive much rain. And lastly, winter season is from November to February. This is the time when heavy snow and a cold climate can be enjoyed in Gulmarg. This is also the peak season for tourists. Adventure sports like skiing, tobogganing, sledding and many more are open during this time.

You can find snow in the Phase II of the Gondola Ride in Gulmarg. There won't be as much snow to play with though unlike in winter months. However, you can still see the snow-clad mountains from afar.

If you'd like to see more snow, then consider Sonamarg. You'd also find the Thajiwas Glacier here. Plus, there's more chances of moderate snow in here.

I hope this helps!