1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So Many Beautiful Places In India!

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by TravelinMan, Sep 2, 2015.

1. TravelinMan

TravelinMan New Member

How does one choose what they see??

My family goes on one 'real' vacation every year, usually around spring break - I've been thinking of India for next year, as I have seen SO many beautiful photos of places there! But, India is a HUGE place, and its hard to decide what to see and where to stay!

I would love to visit Junagadh, just simply to see the architecture, which looks AMAZING in photos... I can only begin to imagine what it's like in person!

And the Ellora Caves look amazing as well!!

Anyone have recommendations for a family of 4? I have 2 girls - one a teen who only cares for human scenery (boys....), and my little one who loves nature and animals - what is the best to see?

Thanks!

2. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I have zero knowledge of India but my main concern is the city where to stay. Of course, I want to see noted places like the Taj Mahal but ordinary places are also okay to me. Seeing and feeling India and the Indians is an experience, I guess, because it would be the first time to be in that huge and populous country. From what I understand, India has a diverse culture and that's what I am interested - the food, the way of life, transportation, and all other aspects of the daily life of an ordinary Indian.

Anyway, my question really is where do I start in India? What airport should I go to? And what city should I stay in?

3. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

I'm going to be in India next year and I'm having a lot of trouble deciding the places I definitely want to see. The problem is that is a huge and amazing country, so you'll probably need like two months to not miss anything. I'm still deciding, but what I know for sure is that I'm going to Nubra Valley, well at least try to go because non-locals require a special permit. I also need to go to Andaman and Nicobar. I don't even have words to describe how beautiful the place is. You should really think in going there.

Now, Bhangarh is a must for me because I'm really into haunted places and all that, and they say this about Bhangarh. I don't think the stories are actually true, but the place is a fort and looks beautiful.
    And my last destination is Varanasi, I cannot go to India and not see the Ganges.

4. cabrannon529

cabrannon529 New Member

India is quite a huge place, and it is easily one of the most beautiful countries on the face of the Earth. The Taj Mahal, while beautiful, is quite popular, and maybe going off the beaten path is the right option. Ellora Caves are great, I would definitely see them. India is great for both the human scenery (lol) and the nature and animals.

5. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Yes, you are right. India has got diverse cultures, places and people. But where to visit entirely depends on your taste. For example if you are keen to be with nature, Kerala is a good option for you. Back waters in Kerala is an ideal place to be with nature and relax. If you are looking for historical places, forts, monuments etc, places like Delhi, Jaipur, Agra could be your choice.

In this era of Information technology it would not be difficult to zero down to a location of your choice. Moreover, forums like this will help you with the personal experience of other members which could be your real guideline.

6. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

Girl I wasn't even aware of Andaman and Nicobar Islands before but now I just want to go there RIGHT NOW! My list of destinations just keeps growing at a crazy rate.

Gabydi likes this.