1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Storing Luggage?

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by mamanana, Feb 1, 2016.

1. mamanana

mamanana New Member

I'm not great at packing light, so does anyone know of locations where luggage can be stored? I thought it might be good to keep one (or two?!) big case(s) stored at a base location and then have a rucksack to carry the stuff I need while out on short trips to other places. Has anyone done this?

2. Arianne

Arianne Member

You could probably ask the hotel you stay at if they can store the luggage. There may be a fee involved. If not, you could always ask the hotel if they know where you could store it until you return.

3. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I agree with Arianne - any time I've travelled with a big suitcase, I've brought a backpack too, so that for day trips I could just take what I needed in the backpack. Your hotel should have no problems storing it for you. In saying that though I would still keep any sort of valuables in a safe if your hotel offers that, just for safety's sake. The last thing you would want is for something to go missing or be stolen.

4. Ritika Sharma

Ritika Sharma Member

You can do it by yourself in a free time or there are many hotel available offering these type of facilities.

5. mamanana

mamanana New Member

Thank you - one more (possibly silly!) question for you. How long is it acceptable to leave luggage with a hotel, if you're not staying there during that time? For example, imagine I stay at hotel A for seven days, then travel to another town for four days, with plans to return to hotel A afterwards for a few more days before repeating the process. I don't want to pay for a room in hotel A during the four days I'm away (because I'll be paying to stay in hotel B for those four days and don't want to pay out twice!). Would hotel A store my bulky luggage for those four days even though I had no room booked there for that time? Sorry if this doesn't make sense! :rolleyes: