1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Things To Do in Goa

Discussion in 'Goa' started by PoonamAngel, Jun 21, 2016.

1. PoonamAngel

PoonamAngel New Member

I am planning a holiday with a group of friends to Goa, which will be for a duration of 18 days. I know the obvious the beaches which I have heard are fantastic, but I need to know more about Goa. I need some details about the things which can be done in Goa. I am just guessing that you can do water sports there, but I am not 100% sure, so if we can please give details about that.
    Other things to do like places to go and visit or sometimes destinations have such places where you can get experience doing things like pottery etc.

We have a good 18 days, where we can do anything really, so I am open to all suggestions about the things to do in Goa.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Below is a list of fun activities that you can do in Goa:

• Water Sports. You can very much participate in water sports in Goa. There's lots to choose from, windsurfing, diving, water skiing, parasailing, angling and even water scootering. There's lots of beaches in Goa and you can find each one has their very own specialties when it comes to water sports.
    • Backwater Kayaking. Consider the Zuari River, Mandovi River and the Sal Backwaters, which all offer great opportunities to kayak in their waters and learn more about the place.
    • Surfing. The beaches in Calangute and Arambol have the perfect waves for surfing.
    • Canyoning. Try canyoning in the Upper Sauri. Canyoning involves jumping into the rushing waterfalls and allowing yourself to be carried by it. Definitely not for the faint hearted!
    • Sunset Cruise. The Mandovi River provides the perfect place for a romantic cruise in the sunset.
    • Trekking. In Udaan Dongor, you can try out trekking to reach its peak and enjoy the sceneries in the top.
    • Play with Elephants. The Jungle Book in Goa allows you to be able to interact and play with elephants!
    • Spice Village Tour. Explore how the spices are planted, harvested and processed. And oh, don't forget to bring some spices home!
    • Rafting. At Valpoi River, you can try your hand at rafting if you're that adventurous.
    I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.

3. TravellerPushkar

TravellerPushkar New Member

Congrats for choosing to visit Goa. 18 days is a lot of time and I'm guessing that you'll have a fantastic vacation. The thing about Goa is that there's never a wrong time to visit unless you're visiting only for the seafood or/and sunbathing in which case you must avoid the monsoon.

You can definitely enjoy water sports in Goa. Be prepared to negotiate the price a lot. Also, make sure that you're in safe hands while undertaking these activities. You may choose from jet skiing, float boat rides, banana boats, parasailing, catamaran sailing, and bumper boats. Calangute, Baga, Candolim, Colva and Bogmallo beaches offer water sports. You may also go for kayaking (Nerul and Siolim), wind surfing (Morjim and Dona Paula), and rafting (Dandeli).

The other fun activities which you must indulge in are:
    1. Eating at continental restaurants: Try Thalasa in Vagator and La Plage in Morjim.
    2. Visit the Saturday night market at Arpora.
    3. Boat ride on the Chapora river: You may get a chance to see dolphins.
    4. Visit a spa and massage parlour: Make sure that you check for authenticity. Snip is a well-known massage parlour and is located at Calangute.
    5. Experience rural Goa: Leave behind the hustle and bustle of the city and visit the small traditional homes in rural Goa. You're in for a treat of traditional food and the true flavour of Goa.
    6. Caves: Though they're not well known, Goa caves are worth a visit. You may pick from Arvalem, Lamgau and Rivona caves.
    7. Cruise: Take a cruise down the Mondovi river. Pick the evening time and you're in for a visual treat thanks to the sunset.
    8. Visit the butterfly conservatory in Ponda.
    9. Dudhsagar falls: Check the local train timings and plan your trip accordingly. It is advisable to dedicate a day for this trip.

Mix these with your lazy days relaxing on the beaches of Goa and you'll have an unforgettable Goa trip. You may choose to hire a car for your visit. Make sure that you carry extra copies of your identification papers since you'll have to deposit your original ones with the car-rental agency.

Admin likes this.