1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Top Five Beaches Of Goa.

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by travelguide, Sep 19, 2015.

1. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

Goa is well known for beaches and many of them are very famous. Here is a list of top five beaches of Goa in its beauty and popularity :

Baga Beach - Known for its beach parties, sea food and night life. Famous for its water sports and dolphin cruises. During January and March you can enjoy wind surfing too.

Agonda Beach - This is one of the most scenic beaches in Asia. But it is a less crowded beach when compared to other beaches.

Mandrem Beach - This beach is mostly preferred by honeymooners. This is somewhat secluded and can offer all the privacy that honeymoon couple needs.

Cavelossiem Beach - Flanked by paddy fields and coconut groves, this beach is serene. This less crowded beach is excellent to spend evening times.

Candolim Beach - One of the most beautiful beaches in India. It is very near to Baga Beach.

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I think Agonda beach or Cavelossiem Beach sound like the two I would visit most. I like the idea of Mandrem beach being secluded but I would feel awkward there as a solo female traveller if it's a honeymoon spot! I love the idea of Cavelossiem beach being surrounded by paddy fields and coconut groves. Sounds like it would be wonderfully scenic.

3. Gabydi

Gabydi Member

Agonda Beach is just beautiful, what makes it even more attractive is that it’s less crowded. I also read somewhere that there are some places to do yoga in Agonda, so you can combine two fabulous things in one. Sometimes when you’re on vacations you want party and crowded places, but other times is so much better to just enjoy nature and be able to relax. Here is a picture of Agonda beach just for everyone to see how beautiful this place is.

india2.jpg

travelguide and Tanmaya like this.
  4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

It really is stunning! Reminds me so much of a vacation I took to Thailand from that picture! This is the beach (Phi Phi) in Thailand I think it resembles...what do you think?!

5. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

I agree that would be an excellent idea to do yoga in the calm and soothing atmosphere of Agonda Beach. That is the perfect environment for doing yoga.

There are too many yoga schools there in Agonda. There is a school called Sampoorna Yoga Village which is situated in a 10000 sq feet coconut grove which is only 50 meters from the beach.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

I think Mandrem Beach is perfect for lovers. It is between two other beaches namely Ashwem and Arambol. During the high tide, the Mandrem Beach rushes into the Mandrem Creek. This has lead to the creation of the romantic wooden bamboo bridge that stretches all over the Mandrem Creek and allows you to set your foot on Mandrem Beach.

White bellied fish eagles and Olive Ridley marine turtles can be spotted in Mandrem Beach. Aside from that, Mandrem Beach is famous for its colourful and beautiful sunsets. Perfect for relaxing and a very romantic scene for lovers!

7. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 New Member

Very beautiful. I love visiting beaches on vacation. Sometimes, even though you are supposed to be relaxing, a vacation can get a bit stressful. But when you take a stroll on any beach you instantly relax. I love white sand beaches with that pure blue water.

8. Tabitha

Tabitha New Member

We would like to spend our last week in India on the beach. We like nightlife and fun beach activities but after hiking and visiting different places I think we will probably need to find somewhere to wind down. That picture of the two cliffs and the water is fantastic!

9. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Agonda beach sounds like the perfect spot to enjoy the day walking on the beach and swimming. I am looking for a few romantic places to visit in India. I would love to find some nice beaches and spots for my honeymoon. Thank you for the wonderful information. I look forward to giong to India for my honeymoon.

10. nshsarin

nshsarin New Member

The most untouched and pristine beach of Goa is the Palolem Beach in South Goa.
    Next Mandrem Beach, followed by Benaulim Beach, Vagator Beach, Candolim Beach.
    These beaches are not much explored by the tourist, so they still have their natural beauty.

11. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Agonda is really a special place. It is considered a jewel, and its remoteness means that visitors have not spoiled it completely. Many beaches are littered with trash, glass, and unsavory people. For instance, most of Brazil is not worth visiting since their beaches are a shambles. But Agonda is pristine. Hands down the best beach in Goa, in my opinion.

12. Destiny

Destiny Member

I visited Baga Beach just last year. It was a lot of fun, such an exciting place.