1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Goa Nude Beaches

Discussion in 'By The Sea' started by Tanmaya, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Tanmaya

Tanmaya Member

I have been told that there are a few nude beaches in Goa and it is hard for me to believe as there are laws against public nudity in India and people aren't very accommodating of such ideas either. If you know of a nude beach in Goa please let me know. I don't mind if it is official or unofficial but as long as people go there and bare it all that's all I am interested in knowing.

PS: I am not asking this to go there, I just want to know.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are no "nude beaches in Goa" that I know of. There are some beaches that are not busy and you may find a spot where you could wear your birthday suit, but to be honest, that is inviting for trouble. The Law does not permit public nudity but it is not the law you should be afraid of if you know what I mean.

Having said all the above, there are a few hotels that have their own little private beaches where I have seen people going nude but that was after dark, I doubt if a hotel's management would allow that during the day as hotels get all kinds of guests including children and it would be inappropriate to let someone be naked.

3. rz3300

rz3300 Member

Well that is one thing that I kind of regret not doing, but then again I am pretty shy so I am sure if it had come up I would have thought of some excuse not to go. I would probably not of been the only one either too, and we were in a group so that have played a role. It would certainly be an interesting experience though.

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Yes tolerance levels for nudity aren't very high but that is very selective. People don't mind sadhus roaming around absolutely naked, no one seems to be bothered with that and those sadhus can also be seen on prime time tv some times when its some special bath and stuff at one of the rivers where Kumbh mela is held.

Goa does not have any nude beaches I can assure you that. I have friends working at a very high end hotel at Goa and I asked him what's the policy about nudity on their beach and he said they don't bother women laying topless on the beach and many do that but male nudity is not acceptable, he added that it is common sight couples going skinny dipping at night and they don't tell any one not to do that as long as they are not posing any risk to themselves or people around them but you cannot come back to the hotel lobby wearing nothing ;) Put something on while entering the hotel building.

5. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

I have spent a few weeks in Goa and been to a number of beaches but never saw any females topless. No one seems to mind girls wearing a bikini as I wear pretty revealing ones myself to get a tan and never faced any problems while I was there. Scene on some of the hotel's terraces are an entirely different story, you will find plenty of girls sunbathing naked on terraces in Goa.

There are plenty of secluded beaches at Andaman islands that you can go to and do what you want but beware of crocodiles there.

6. Destiny

Destiny Member

Yes, I have to agree! I've seen a few nude couples at private beaches but never at a public beach. Actually, I would not to a secluded beach in bikini without a nice sized entourage in tow... actually, as a female would not go to a secluded beach without a large party anyways. Many men in India do not hold the same views as men in western cultures. Being nude or even in a bikini on a secluded beach in India is a bad idea... especially, if you have one or two people and ESPECIALLY if those people are also women. That is just asking for trouble... I Spit On Your Grave (movie) type trouble.

Sonali Roy and Lisa like this.
  7. Sonali Roy

Sonali Roy New Member

I couldn't have said it better myself, totally agree with you on that.

8. Dilof

Dilof New Member

Would definitely avoid trying to go to a nude beach in this area of the world unless you're going with someone. It's just looking for trouble honestly.

9. Aks2000

Aks2000 New Member

There are some secluded beaches where where Indian tourist dont visit ,here you may find nude sunbathers.
    In mid 90s when I was in early teens had visited calangute beach with my family in a sightseeing bus.I was not carrying any swimming costume with me so I swam nude.The beaches were not commercialized then.

10. adrklkol

adrklkol Member

I've also not any sort of such thing in Goa during my last visit in 2014. Obviously did not visit any such beach in 1977 when I was a kid and more than that, that was many years ago. But our guide did not take us to Anjuna for similar reason.