1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trains from Mumbai to Delhi

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by KituShinde, Jul 7, 2016.

1. KituShinde

KituShinde New Member

I am going on a holiday to Goa, and after spending a week in Goa, I would also like to spend a few days in Mumbai.
    The next destination would be in Delhi, for which I would need to get a train. I would like to know what options I have for trains from Mumbai to Delhi.

I would like to know which is the best train to choose and the timings of the trains.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

You have many options from trains travelling between Delhi and Mumbai. Here they are:
    • Your best option would be the 12951 Mumbai Central - New Delhi Rajdhani Express. It departs at the Mumbai Central Station at 17:00 and arrives at New Delhi at 8:35. It also runs everyday, from Monday to Sunday. Fares vary but 1AC is at Rs. 4,750, 2A is at Rs. 2,865 and 3A is at Rs. 2,080. This is the fastest train you can take and journey is about 15 hours or less.
    • The next train option is another fast one, the 12953 August Kranti Rajdhani Express. It departs at Mumbai Central Station at 17:40 and arrives at the Hazrat Nizamuddin Station at 10:55. Train runs daily from Mondays to Sundays. Fares vary as well but they're almost the same as above. Journey is about 17 hours or less.
    • Another train option is the 22209 Mumbai Central - New Delhi AC Duronto Express. It departs at Mumbai Central Station at 23:15 and arrives at the New Delhi Station at 16:30. The downside is that it only runs during Mondays and Fridays. Fares are the same as well. It reaches the New Delhi Station in about 17 hours as well.
    • Another one is the 22913 Mumbai New Delhi Suivdha. It departs at Mumbai Central Station at 16:00 and arrives at the New Delhi Station at 7:55. Train runs during Sundays and Fridays. Fares are the same as well and it reaches the New Delhi Station in 15 hours or more.
    There are many more trains travelling from Mumbai to Delhi. They are much slower though and sometimes, they have many stopovers. For me, these are the best trains, when it comes to punctuality, convenience and comfort. I hope this helps you!