Taxi From Haridwar To Rishikesh

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Falguni, May 6, 2016.

1. Falguni

Falguni New Member

I need to get to Rishikesh from Haridwar in the most comfortable way as I will have my grandparents with me. I did my bit of research and decided that taking a taxi would be the most convenient and comfortable mode of transport.

I now need to know where I can book a taxi from, and how much it would cost me.

I think that there is something called the one-way taxi, is that taxi service available in Haridwar?

2. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

It looks like this ranges between Rs 1000 to 4500. It depends on the type of car you want to let, and whether it has ac or not.

3. Deven

Deven Member

The prices mentioned by jnorth88 are for an AC car, but different for the type of car chosen.

One way taxis are available but work out to be a bit costly than the normal fair, which I don't know why. You are much better getting a normal taxi for Rs1000 which would be for an AC Indica car.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

There are sharing auto service available which costs around 50 rupees pr person, but its not the most comfortable way cos the fit around 10 people in those autos which is quite terrible but sometimes fine if all persons are thin...:p

the bus ticket costs around r 30-40 rupees...

i think you can get taxis from anywhere near the station bus stand, instead of going for a taxi just hire an auto it would cost around 250-400 rupees for ur family only.

5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance from Haridwar to Rishikesh is about 27.4 kms. That's just a short distance and it can take you about 30 mins to reach the latter.

I was able to find the site Haridwar Taxi where you can book cabs online. Another one I was able to find was the Alliance Tourist Taxi. Prices differ from vehicle to vehicle but here's breakdown:

• AC Indica: Rs 1,000
    • AC Indigo: Rs 1,200
    • AC Dzire: Rs 1,400
    • AC Tavera: Rs 1,500
    • AC Innova: Rs 1,700
    • AC Tempo: Rs 1,900
    • AC Coach: Rs 4,500
    Yes, there are one-way taxi services in Haridwar. They are cheaper than two-way taxis or round-trip taxis. You just have to inform the taxi operator about it.

I hope this helps!