1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by Scooty, May 2, 2015.

1. Scooty

Scooty New Member

A group of six of us will be staying in Jodhpur and would like to go to Jaisalmer for a day. The initial plan which we have made is to take a taxi from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer and keep the taxi with us for sight seeing and then bring the same taxi back to Jodhpur.

Should a taxi be taken to Jodhpur or should we go on public transport?

What kind of vehicle should be taken for the trip?

Last edited by a moderator: May 3, 2015

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Taking a taxi from Jodhpur would be much better than public transport, it would be more comfortable. Also you will have the vehicle with you throughout the journey.
    As there are six passengers, you can take an Innova or Tempo traveler, taking an Innova would be cheaper than a Tempo traveler, so the choice is yours depending on your budget.

3. Somu

Somu New Member

Public transport will be very tiring for you and also not convenient, especially if you have luggage to carry around with you. I would recommend that when booking a taxi ask more than one taxi company as prices can vary a lot from company to company.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Just like what others have said, I would recommend that you just hire a taxi with you for a round trip to Jaisalmer from Jodhpur. It is the most convenient and comfortable way of transportation. You can enjoy your trip this way.

However, for the sake of providing you details, you can also ride a bus to reach Jaisalmer. I was able to find two private operators driving from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer:

• Kalpana Travels. Bus leaves at 3:45 am and the fare is at Rs. 300.
    • Kamlesh Travels. Bus leaves at 2:45 am and the fare is at Rs. 508.
    RSRTC also operates buses leaving from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer, their first bus leaves at 6:30 am and the last one at 12:00 pm. Fare starts at Rs. 538, depending on bus type. Travel time for buses are from 5 to 6 hours.

There are also trains operating from Jodhpur to Jaisalmer. The train departs at Jodhpur Junction Railway Station.

It depends upon you but since there are six of you a Toyota Innova would best fit your group. An AC Toyota Innova costs Rs. 6,957 for a round trip to Jaisalmer.

I hope this helps!