1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Traveling to Manali during July

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by Oju, Apr 21, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Oju

Oju New Member

Monsoons generally start during late June, which is said not to be good if going to hill stations, but unfortunately July is the only time I have when I can take my family on holiday.
    Living in Delhi, the closest places to visit are hill stations which also have better weather during the summer time. I need to know how safe it is to travel to Manali during the month of July?

2. Neel

Neel New Member

I don't have much experience going to hill stations during the monsoon, but have always avoided the monsoon season, and the simple reason because the rains can cause rocks to to fall from the mountains.

3. Prits

Prits Member

I think you should totally avoid travelling during the monsoon season. If July is the only time to go on holiday then choose a place which is not in the hills, or if you really do want to go to a hill station then go after the monsoon season.

4. Oju

Oju New Member

I see people travelingl during the monsoon season. I think it depends on the weather as sometimes monsoons do start late, but was curious about Manali during July, hoping that chances of landslides or rain would maybe be less.

5. Deven

Deven Member

As long as your not going too high in the hills I think it is ok, it is also good to do a weather check just before you go and avoid rains while on the road.

6. SachinS

SachinS New Member

There is no harm in going during July, just do a weather check before leaving for Manali.

7. VishalGaba

VishalGaba New Member

Monsoons can be harsh and differ each year, although it is a risk going in the monsoons you can still go, another thing to remember is that if it would raining throughout the trip you would not really be able to go outside of the hotel due to the rains. So ideally travelling during July is not so good.