1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Trip To Kerala In Jan'16

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by MarySeba, Dec 22, 2015.

Tags:
  1. MarySeba

MarySeba New Member

Hello All,

I will be in Kerala around last week of Jan'16. Just confused about the places to visit in Kerala. Most probably it will be a week's tour. So, don't know how to split the places. Also any good agency who can help me getting into the places. Actually, I am keen on visiting some unknown places like you know, the places which people don't go often. The 'most visited or famous or tourist' kind of places. Just to explore the new places. Kindly help me. Don't wanna have a packed tour.. looking forward to a freelance tour. Hope I can get help..
    Thank you.

2. Aliya_Sinha

Aliya_Sinha New Member

Hello Mary,
    Last time when we visited Munnar, we really had a great experience with this guy whom we met through the hotel front desk. He was so fond of helping us. He also offered and guided us to a private tea estate.

3. iamawriter

iamawriter Member

That idea of visiting areas off the beaten track is indeed quite appealing Most places hitherto untapped are slowly becoming famous by tourists like you.
    There are quite a few such places. Of those may be you can visit the following:

- Kumarakom Vembanad Lake - If you are interested in watching birds this is a place for you where there is a birids sanctuary besides spending time at the Lake Villagers there do have facilities for tourists

- There is this highest peak - Chembra Peak, in Wayanad - ideal for trek lovers. The journey up there is picturesque.

- The Silent Valley National Park, Palakkad is not often visited by tourists. Here one will find a collection of flora and fauna, specially the endangered species.

- Kerala has several beaches but the Muzhappilangad beach in Kannur is the less frequented one.

- The Banasura Sagar Dam is a must see place. The image will tell you why.

- Thenmala, Kollam This dense forest is for those interested in eco friendly tourism. One gets to trek,biking, rock climbing and river crossing.

The above locations more or less represent different types of interests for you to choose from. All these places are developed to make a tourist's experience comfortable and memorable.

Banasura_Sagar_Dam_Wayanad1.jpg

Image Source: wikimedia commons

4. wellfrancis

wellfrancis New Member

Along with Banasura sagar dam,you have to go to karappuzha dam,Chembra peak,soochipara falls,Kabani river etc in wayanad.