1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ujjain to Omkareshwar Bus Timings

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Atul, May 26, 2016.

1. Atul

Atul New Member

I am trying to find out what the Ujjain to Omkareshwar bus timings are, but nothing as such has been listed on sites. I am hoping to find out by posting a query on the forum. I don't need many options but at least timings for one bus service.

I would also like to know whether the bus would take the bypass route or go through Indore.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Omkareshwar is about 130Km and less than four hours bus ride. There is a MP tourism Volvo bus that leaves Ujjain at 7AM and gets to Omkareshwar at 10:30AM. Volvo bus by MP tourism is the only Volvo service but regular buses ply every 20 mins or so from Ujjain bus stand which is opposite Ujjain railway station.

Getting into a regular bus is not a great idea because this route is very busy and if the bus allows standing passenger then be assured you will have a nightmare journey. Take the Volvo bus or some AC bus which won't take standing passengers at the very least.

briannagodess likes this.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

As what has been stated, there are MP Tourism buses that can take you from Ujjain to Omkareshwar. There are buses available every 30 minutes as well. These buses accommodate up to 50 passengers at a time. They're non-AC buses and can get very crowded as well. You might experience standing for the whole trip in case you aren't early to ride the bus. Travel time varies but on average it's two and a half hours. These buses go through the Indore route as well.

From what I've read, the AC bus services were discontinued for Ujjain to Omrakeshwar. It's such a shame because it's a very convenient way to travel not only for tourists but locals as well. I tried looking at the MP Tourism site but they removed the option for the buses from Ujjain to Omrakeshwar.

You might want to consider travelling via a rented car or cab. It can be more expensive but it's more comfortable as well.

I hope this helps!