1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaishno Devi Visit In June

Discussion in 'North India' started by DD, May 9, 2016.

1. DD

DD New Member

I wish to go to Vaishno Devi in June this year, and I would like to know a few things before I leave for the pilgrimage. Along with me, I will have my two cousins who are aged 21 years old.

What is the weather like in June at Vaishno Devi, what temperatures can I expect during the day?

What time during the day should I start the climb to the mandir?

Will there a lot rush at Vaishno Devi during June?

2. KK

KK Member

June will be quite hot at Vaishno Devi, and temperatures can be anything from 38c to 40c.

As the weather would be hot and the sun would be sharp, I would suggest you start your climb very early in the morning like 4 am, or late evening like 5 pm or 6 pm.

School summer holidays have begun so there will be a bit of rush at Vaishno Devi. However if you start your climb in the evening, there will be less rush as people with kids do not start the climb in the evening.

3. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

From the months of mid-May to the first week of July Pilgrimage places like Vaishno Devi and also tourist destination will be busy, because of the school holidays. Hotels will be mostly booked as well, so if you do decide to go, make sure you pre-book your hotel to avoid any problems with getting accommodation when arriving at Katra.

4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

UPDATE :-

I was in vaishno devi from 26june onwards... and to be honest there was alot of rush on the route to bhawan.. but luckily the during the time of darshan@BHAWAN there was no rush....

now more fences have been laid at the corners which proivide higher levels of safety.. last i visited vaishno devi around 3-4 years back an alot of improvemnts i aw this time ,there was an increase in the levels of the road conditions safety barriers etc..

Now even a new route is being used from Jammu to Katra...its much like a highway now than what is was back 3-4 years... earlier the route was kinda of a "kaccha Raasta"

for the first time i visited "Bhairo Baba" and the route from "Bhairo Baba to Ardkuari" is soo thrilling... those with height phobia shud avoide lookin down...