1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Visa confusion

Discussion in 'Visa and Passport' started by FLgirl, Dec 2, 2014.

1. FLgirl

FLgirl New Member

Hi

I am a US citizen and I applied for a 3 months single entry visa but what I got is a 6 months multiple entry visa. Do you think I will have and problems at immigration desk or I must inform high commission about this confusion? I just do not want to fall in any legal trouble after touching Indian ground. I am not sure if it is the same as in their records or not. Please suggest what am I supposed to do, I am totally confused.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

It is for the same purpose and a six month multiple visa is better because you have a choice of entering the country again without having to get a new visa if you want to do that within 180 days which is an added plus. There wont be any problems with this.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

It is perfectly normal for an embassy to issue a visa of a different duration then what you have applied for. I myself applied for one year visas for Canada and USA but got 10 year multiple visas for both. It really depends upon the person dealing with your application.

4. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

I am from the Philippines and a frequent traveler in Asia but this is the first time we are considering to travel to India. May someone advise me on the procedures for getting a visa? When we went to Beijing, China this January, we were advised to seek a visa 2 months before the trip and the travel agency helped us with the visa application form. Is it wise to get help from the travel agency for the visa requirements of India? We also plan to get accommodation from the travel agency.

Thank you in advance to those who would respond.

MichelleVL likes this.
  5. MichelleVL

MichelleVL New Member

Hi Alexandoy. See the link below, it is to a website that can answer all your questions. Applying for visas is available for many nationalities online now. If you follow the instructions you will be able to do it, quickly, easily and without having to pay extra fees or charges for receiving help on something you could have done your self. The process is really fast and easy. You will usually have your response in 2 weeks or less. The best of luck to you, and have an amazing trip.

Indian e-Tourist Visa