1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Volvo Bus Service From Delhi To Srinagar

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by PriyaDoby, Mar 6, 2016.

1. PriyaDoby

PriyaDoby New Member

I need to travel from Delhi to Srinagar by bus and I would prefer the bus to be a Volvo bus service as its the most convenient bus service for long journeys. I am unable to find any options for the Volvo service from Delhi to Srinagar, can members please confirm for me whether the service exists or not?
    I would prefer the route to be direct but if there is not a direct service it is not a problem.
    An idea of the cost of the journey would also be appreciated.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

There are sleeper buses and 2X2 buses run by JK state transport corporation but no Volvo buses. Fare for a sleeper ticket is Rs1400 and a seat in a 2x2 bus will cost you Rs965.

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Delhi to Srinagar is a very long distance for traveling in a bus and I have been to Srinagar by bus from Delhi once and will never do that again. The second time I went to Srinagar, I took a train from Delhi to Jammu and Jammu to Srinagar by bus. I did not stay at Jammu but you can break the journey if you want by staying the night at Jammu instead of going straight to Srinagar.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to the forum!

There are bus services from Delhi to Srinagar. The J&K State Road Transport Corporation has some buses travelling from the said route. I wasn't able to find Volvo buses though, sadly.

It is a direct route, you won't need to change buses at all.

It depends on what type of bus you take. Here's a little breakdown of the costs:
    • Non A/C Seater Bus: Rs 1,255
    • Non A/C Sleeper Bus: Rs 1,400
    • A/C Seater Bus: Rs 1,400
    • A/C Sleeper Bus: Rs 2,500
    I hope this helps!

Admin likes this.