1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bangalore to Munnar Volvo Bus Service

Discussion in 'South India' started by Wrangler, May 27, 2016.

1. Wrangler

Wrangler New Member

I am looking for information about the best Volvo bus service from Bangalore to Munnar. RedBus lists down 6/7 Bangalore-Munnar Volvo bus operators, making it all the more confusing. I am looking for the one with good quality vehicle, punctual service and good reputation. If you have prior experience of travelling in Bangalore-Munnar route by bus, then please let me know which Volvo bus service is the best.

I am particularly interested in Volvo buses only as I will be travelling with my kids. Overnight bus journey tends to be tiring and uncomfortable especially for the children. That's why I prefer to travel in a AC Volvo bus.

Last edited by a moderator: May 27, 2016

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

KSRTC would have been the best option, but they do not have Volvo service from Bangalore to Munnar. They used to operate a Volvo bus too, but seems it was discountinued. There is one Rajahamsa Executive NON-AC Semi-Sleeper coach which departs from Shantinagar Bus Stop daily at 9 PM. The fare is INR 620 per ticket on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays, and INR 560 on the remaining days of the week.

Even the Kerala State Road Transport Corporation does not have Volvo service between Bangalore and Munnar. They have a Super Deluxe Air Bus, but that's not a Volvo. The fare is INR 765 per person.

Among the private bus operators, KPN Travels operate AC Volvo Slepper bus (2+1) in Bangalore-Munnar route everyday. The bus departs Bangalore at 10 AM and arrives at Munnar at 9:30 AM on the following day. The fare is INR 1180 per person on RedBus. You can book the tickets through MakeMyTrip, RedBus or Go-IBIBO.

Another option for Bangalore-Munnar Volvo bus service is GreenLine Travels. It's a Volvo AC Semi Sleeper bus. Departs Bangalore at 10 PM, arrives at Munnar at 9:30 AM next day. The fare is INR 1249 per person.

SRS Travels, which is the most reputed private bus operator in Bangalore, has a NON-AC Sleeper bus operating in Bangalore-Munnar route. It is not a Volvo, but the bus is a sleeper coach where you get berths similar to the railways. For 2 people, it is like a queen-sized bed. The journey is very comfortable. I personally find this bus model more comfortable than semi-sleeper Volvo buses.

If you must travel in a Volvo bus, then try out KPN. They have better reputation for punctuality compared to GreenLine. In case you can manage without a Volvo, then I would strongly recommend either SRS Travels or KSRTC.

Regards,
    Deb

Wrangler likes this.

3. Wrangler

Wrangler New Member

So Bangalore to Munnar Volvo bus service is limited to just two bus operators? Anyway I will book the tickets with KPN for the onward journey (Bangalore-Munnar), but won't buy tickets for the return trip just yet. If all goes well, then I will book the return trip (Munnar-Bangalore) with KPN again, otherwise go for GreenLine Volvo bus. Thanks for the info.