1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Kolkata Airport to Sealdah Railway Station

Discussion in 'East India' started by Charu, May 21, 2016.

1. Charu

Charu New Member

The arrival of my flight is at Kolkata Airport on 30th May and after that, I need to reach Sealdah railway station to catch a train. As I don't know a lot about the area I need to know a few things, and would be thankful for the replies I get.

- What is the quickest way to grt from Kolkata Airport to Sealdah railway station?

- How long does it take to reach Sealdah train station?

- Are there any places I can get something near the train station?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Sealdah railway station is about 15Km from Kolkata airport and it will take about half an hour to get there if you travel in off peak hours. Best way would be to get a taxi and that would also be the quickest way in my view.

3. tito077

tito077 New Member

Hi Charu ,
    First of all welcome to West Bengal.
    There is no bus direct to Sealdah railway station from airport door step.
    Ways to Reach Sealdah railway station
    1. you can take yellow taxi from gate no 3A(Charges with in Rs 200)
    2. you can take Uber , OLA , ETC.(Charges with in Rs 200)
    3. Walk for 10 mins from airport door to main VIP road to get direct bus to sealdah station ( Bus are ordinary bus no -45 ,227,45A, 30B , S 35 )( Charges with in Rs25 )

Note- Except Sunday , Peak Tariff hour are 9:15 AM to 11:45AM and 6:15PM to 8:20PM add 30- 45 mins for journey

Answer to your question
    1.UBER car service
    2.Non Peak hr- 45 mins to 55 mins for Peak hr + 30mins
    3. You will get food and lodging faclity near sealdah station.
    Please feel free to reply back

Admin likes this.
  4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Charu! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between the Kolkata Airport or the Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose International Airport and the Sealdah Railway Station is about 15 kms. Here are your transportation options:
    • Prepaid Taxi - This is your quickest and best option. Prepaid taxis are the yellow taxis which are available at NSCBI Airport 24 hours. They are managed by Bidhannagar Police. Prepaid Taxi counters are available in the Arrival Level between Gates 3 and 4. Fare is fixed and you're given a ticket to present to the security guard before your ride the taxi.
    • Normal Taxi - Just outside the airport, there are taxis that you can ride. Unlike the prepaid taxis though, rates aren't fixed and you'd have to negotiate a fare before the ride. They're also very quick so they're another great option for you.
    • Bus - There's a Marco Polo AC Bus plying from the airport to the Sealdah Railway Station, it's the MW2. You can board this bus to reach the Sealdah Railway Station. However, buses can get stuck into traffic which is why I won't recommend them so much in your situation.
    • Auto and Train - You can ride an auto to reach the Dum Dum Junction. Then, from the Dum Dum Junction you can ride a train going to Sealdah Railway Station.

It depends on your mode of transportation:
    • Prepaid Taxi - The distance is about 15 kms from the airport to the Sealdah Railway Station. It can take you about 30 to 40 minutes to reach the railway station via prepaid taxis.
    • Normal Taxi - It can also take you about 30 to 40 minutes to reach the railway station via normal taxis.
    • Bus - Buses take longer, expect travel time to be between an hour or so, depending on traffic and stopovers.
    • Auto and Train - Travel time can be as little as 30 minutes, more or less.

Here are some restaurants near the Sealdah Railway Station:
    • Comesum - They have North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their masala dosa, chole batura and chili chicken. The address is: New Complex, Howrah Railway Station, Howrah Station Area, Howrah.
    • Gupta's - They have North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their dosa and puri. Their address is: 167, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah Area, Kolkata.
    • Aroma Chinese Fast Food - They only have Chinese cuisine. Their momos and chicken noodles are delicious. Their address is: 131, A.J.C. Bose Road, Sealdah Area, Kolkata.
    • Turmeric Food Service - They have Bengali, North Indian and Chinese cuisines. Try out their chicken tetrazzini. Their address is: 28, A.P.C. Road, Sealdah Area, Kolkata.
    • Food Court - This has mainly Chinese dishes. Try out their chicken fried rice and crispy chili baby corn. Their address is: 167, B.B. Ganguly Street, Sealdah Area, Kolkata.

I hope this helps.:)