1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Weather In Kerala In July August

Discussion in 'South India' started by Hitesh, May 4, 2016.

1. Hitesh

Hitesh New Member

Hello, friends, I have joined the forum to get some advice on a trip I am planning to Kerala in July or August. I know that it the monsoon season starts from late June and carries on to August, but I wanted to know what the weather would be like in Kerala in July-August.
    It is in the South of India and I have not been there, so I thought that maybe during the monsoon season the weather may be different there.
    Please advise.

2. salini

salini New Member

Hi,
    You have thought rightly, from the month of June to August , its rainy season. I would like to advise you if you make your trip in the month of December or January.
    Thanks!!

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Generally, monsoon season in Kerala starts from June and continues on to July up to August. There will be days that it will rain nonstop but of course, there will also be sunny days. There will also be days where it might rain on the morning but not on the afternoon or vice versa. However, if you're planning on doing a lot of activities like trekking and even beach sports, visiting Kerala during these months may not be advisable.

But if you're just going to do some sightseeing, it is fine to visit Kerala during these months. The waterfalls come alive during this time and there's so much greenery to see. The backwaters of Kerala turns into this tranquil and safe haven during monsoon season as well. There's definitely something about the monsoon season that even tourists can enjoy.

The Onam Festival is also celebrated during the months of August to September. Aside from the dressing up in special attires, there is also the snake boat race which people from all over the world love to watch.

So there you go, some of the things you can do in Kerala during the monsoon season. I hope this helps!