1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What Is Your Day-to-day Job?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by DevilKid, Oct 17, 2015.

1. DevilKid

DevilKid New Member

As the title says; I am a student studying Computer Science. Hoping to become a good software engineer :D. What about you?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I work for a bank. It's okay for a desk job and it pays the bills but I wouldn't say it's my life's passion. I wish I could be a writer and just get paid to be a travel journalist! (I'll keep dreaming, since I would imagine jobs like that are very in demand but very limited!)

3. innaf93

innaf93 Member

I am a post-grand student but also really looking out and searching for jobs so I can use my BA degree in film theory. On the side I work as a babysitter and tutor with children.

4. misskrystal1982

misskrystal1982 New Member

I am self employed and do odd jobs online. Right now I am doing work for a company online, and I am writing a book. I am hoping to get it finished before the new year so I can start looking for a publisher.

5. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

That's neat! What sort of book genre are you writing?

Being self employed is a dream of mine - perhaps one day I'll get there! It would be nice to not have to report to a boss all the time!

6. sillyllucy

sillyllucy Member

I am an IT Technician and a freelance tech writer. I write for a bunch of websites and I work from home. My schedule is pretty flexible and I can plan out my work days. It has it's ups and downs. One of the negatives is not having health insurance here in the US because most of the work that I do is freelance.

7. Delirium

Delirium Member

I'm a student. I plan to pursue music, but I don't know yet (still deciding). I'd love to work as a musician full time though, I can't really see myself doing the normal kind of jobs - you know, the 9 to 5 jobs and the office jobs.. I don't think I'd survive working behind a desk for more than a month. I'd probably get really stressed.

8. ellajanelle

ellajanelle New Member

I'm a double major student studying Management Accounting and Accounting Technology. I want to be a lot of things, I want to keep on learning different things so I also study Web Development online through Alison. I used to be a part-time online English teacher, too, but I became too busy with my studies.

9. GammaRay

GammaRay Member

I studied Political Science in college with an interest in journalism or government service but lo and behold I became a writer. I've always been interested in writing but I don't think I'm gonna do it for the long run because I still want a career in journalism or in the government. I work on the internet as a side income.

10. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I am an English language and literature student and I would like to become a teacher but I work online translating and transcribing mostly. It is well paid and it has bright future, unlike my potential profession here in Serbia. It is simple actually. I will go where the money is. And once I get more efficient I will have more money on the account. On the other hand if I finish my school and become a teacher it will be next to impossible to find a job.

11. Rezonate

Rezonate Member

I'm a real estate broker in Orange county california. Real estate here in Orange county is booming again and there are a lot of great properties out here and the surrounding areas.