1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Wood Burning Stoves And Ovens

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Teheura, Jan 18, 2016.

1. Teheura

Teheura New Member

I know in some countries the locals love to cook different types of food such as bread and pizza in a wood burning oven. I understand India has some wonderful bread to try. I'm wondering if people cook this bread in a wood burning oven or on top of hot rocks. I find pizza cooked in a wood burning oven very delicious.

2. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

I would like to know this as well. Apart from stoves we have, in Serbia, a traditional things we call Sač and Crepulja. Sač is a lid and crepulja is a clay dish. Food prepared in this is very good and bread is just phenomenal. It is covered in hot ashes and embers. I wander if they have something similar in India?

3. Joanne

Joanne New Member

This would be very interesting to find out. On some islands people use wood burning stoves to cook pizza or bread. I know in certain part of Mexico I have seen people put a flat rock on the fire and cook their tortillas on it. In other parts of the world people like to cook in underground ovens. I wonder how people prefer to cook in India.