1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agra Cantt to Taj Mahal

Discussion in 'North India' started by Paras, May 24, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Paras

Paras New Member

I need to be at Agra Cantt to drop off some important papers, and as I will be in Agra itself, I thought it will be a good idea to go and see the Taj Mahal. If it is close by then, I take along my fiancee with me if it far then it would not be possible as we would have to be back home by night.

I would like to know what the distance from Agra Cantt to Taj Mahal is?

How long will it take to reach the Taj Mahal?

What is the best way to travel from Agra Cantt to the Taj Mahal?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Depending upon where in Agra cantonment I would say between 20 to 25 Kilometers. If you mean Agra Cantt railway station then it is 25Km and it will take about 40-45mins to get to Taj Mahal in a taxi.

Allow one hour for traveling from Agra Cantt to Taj Mahal which would include finding and negotiating with the taxi guy.

Take an air-conditioned taxi this time of the year. It does not cost much either.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Paras! Welcome to the forum!

The Agra Cantonment Railway Station is about 9.5 kms away from the Taj Mahal. That's about a 25 minute travel time. The Agra Cantt or AGC is about 6.7 kms away from the Taj Mahal so that's about a 9 minute ride away.

It depends on where specifically at the Agra Cantt you come from. Like I said before, if it's the railway station, it can take longer. If it's at the AGC itself, then it can take a shorter time. But on average, it's about a 9 to 25 minute ride away provided you get a taxi easily. Considering the time it takes to get a taxi or auto, then maybe a bit more, up to 45 minutes or higher.

The best transportation means is via taxi. It can cost higher thought at Rs. 150 for that short distance. You can also ride an auto rickshaw for a lower price although you need to walk for a bit more to reach it. Auto rickshaws from AGC to Taj Mahal cost Rs. 50 only.

I hope this helps!

4. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There is a prepaid taxi booth at Agra cantt railway station which is run by UP Police and their prices are fixed with no room for negotiation and it is "cheap".