1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Agra Fort to Taj Mahal Distance

Discussion in 'North India' started by Shammi, Jun 26, 2016.

1. Shammi

Shammi New Member

I am taking my cousins who have come from the US to Agra, as they wish to see the Taj Mahal and are also interested in seeing the Agra Fort. We will be quite short of time and would love to see both of the places, but need to know the Agra Fort to Taj Mahal distance.

How long do you think it would take to see the Taj Mahal and how long would it take to see Agra Fort?

We can work out then what time we should leave or how much time should be spent at either place.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Shammi! Welcome to the forum!

The distance between Agra Fort to Taj Mahal is about 6.9 kms via Fatehabad Road. If you take the Agra Shamshabad Raja Kherah Marg/MDR 113W Road, then it can take longer, about 9.9 kms. So depending on what route you take, it can be anywhere between 18 to 25 minutes of travel time.

For the Taj Mahal, I recommend at least two hours or three hours if you can. During this time table, you would be able to see the Taj Mahal in its entirety. Make sure to schedule your trip accordingly as it is closed during Fridays. If you can, schedule your travel before sunrise as it's magnificent to see the sun rising and reflecting on the Taj Mahal. Plus, it's less chaotic during this time of the day.

For Agra Fort, I would recommend at least an hour and a half here. There's lesser to see than Taj Mahal here in Agra Fort. But it's still worth visiting, maybe just schedule it after your visit to the Taj Mahal.

I hope this helps!