1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Amritsar to Dalhousie

Discussion in 'North India' started by Gudiya, Mar 28, 2015.

1. Gudiya

Gudiya New Member

I am going to be staying in Amritsar for about 3 weeks with my husband, and after we have attended a family function we will have some spare time. We were thinking of maybe taking a trip to Dalhousie from there, but we don't know whether it would be a good idea or not.
    I need to know the time it will take to travel from Amritsar to Dalhousie and which would be the best route?

We will have our own car and have around 12 days to spare.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Amritsar to Dalhousie is about 200km and the shortest route would be Amritsar- Batala - Gurdaspur - Pathankot - Dalhousie. Make sure you leave very early in the morning so that you are at your destination well before sunset. Not that there is a problem at night but I find it a lot safer to drive in hills during day time.

Dalhousie is beautiful but 12days there would be an overkill so I would suggest about 6-7 days at Khajjiar which is a little further higher up in the mountains but there are lots of little sight seeing spots there.

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

I have been to Dalhousie but it is not somewhere I would spend more then two days. Khajjiar is a whole lot better with lots of places to see around that area. You wont get bored for the whole duration if you want to stay the whole time there. May be stay a night or two at Dalhousie and then head for Khajjiar.