1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur and Mount Abu Trip

Discussion in 'Rajasthan' started by RohitMhan, Jun 15, 2015.

1. RohitMhan

RohitMhan New Member

I will be in Jaipur in July and thinking of extending my trip towards Mount Abu. I have a total of five days for my holiday. I need to know with the five days that I have whether I can cover the major tourist attractions in both of the destinations.

2. Prits

Prits Member

I would suggest you to choose another destination with Jaipur something like Jodhpur and if you want to go Mount Abu then pair that up with Udaipur.

3. Anurag

Anurag Member

As you have 5 days you can do Jaipur, Udaipur and Mount Abu, although it would be a tight schedule it is possible.

4. Rider

Rider New Member

Do a Udaipur and Mount Abu trip, with all three destinations the trip will be tight and it would be no fun, unless you are able to increase the number of days to 7 or even 10 days.

5. Arpit

Arpit New Member

The distance from Jaipur to Mount Abu is around 7 hours, so that means a whole day has gone by, and even if you decide to travel at night you would at least spend a couple of hours sleeping during the day. Like Anurag mentioned five days would be a tight schedule and it would be a holiday where you would be on the move all the time with the only time to rest at night when you sleep. If you are OK with all this then five days is enough, there are things to see in Jaipur but Mount Abu is more of place where you can view the mountains and see great views.

6. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

It is possible to fit in Jaipur and Mount Abu in five days. You would be crunched for time and one day will be lost for travelling between Jaipur to Mount Abu though. But it is possible, here's a sample itinerary for you:

Day 1. Visit the central attractions in Jaipur:
    • City Palace. A mixture of Rajasthani and Mughal architecture, this is one the grandest palaces in Rajasthan.
    • Jantar Mantar. An observatory used to help astronomers predict season, time and eclipses.
    • Palace of Winds. Believed to have been built so that the royal women can look out the windows and watch city life as they weren't allowed to go out. It has about 953 small windows and is shaped like a pyramid.
    • Sun Temple. End the day here as you watch the sun set in this beautiful temple.
    Day 2. Visit other attractions in Jaipur:
    • Amer Fort. Enjoy an elephant ride to reach the top and explore the fort for at least three hours.
    • Nahargarh Fort and Jaigarh Fort. The Nahagarh Fort offers amazing views of the city. The Jaigarh Fort has the world's biggest cannon on wheels. It is also the most well-preserved fort in India.
    • Monkey Temple. Much of this place is in ruins already but it's still quite enjoyable to watch the monkeys in the temple.
    Day 3. Leave early to travel to Mount Abu. Travel time is about 8 to 9 hours. Reach Mount Abu by early evening and check in at the hotel. Have dinner and rest for the night.

Day 4. Visit attractions in Mount Abu:
    • Guru Shikhar. It is the peak of the Arbuda Mountains. From Mount Abu, it is about 15 kms.
    • Dilwara Jain Temples. At about 2 and a half kilometres from Mount Abu, this is the temple built by Vastupal-Tejpal. This is a pilgrimage site famous for Jains.
    • Nakki Lake. Enjoy boating or just having a picnic.
    Rest for the night.

Day 5. Visit the remaining attractions early morning:
    • Wildlife Sanctuary. You can spot hyenas, jackals and jungle cats here.
    • Temples in Abu Road.
    • Trevor's Tank. A manmade crocodile park that is quite serene and peaceful.
    Travel back to Jaipur.

I hope this helps!