1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baggage Allowance

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Dakota, Jan 18, 2016.

Tags:
  1. Dakota

Dakota New Member

Currently airline allow for each person to have a carry on bag that weights less and 5 kilo and one suitcase that is 23 kilos or less.

On domestic flight within India does anyone know if there would be a problem with the 23 kilo of my suit case. I know in a few countries I'm not allowed to travel with such a heavy bag. I have had to pay over weight charges more than once. Is there one in India?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

I've almost always found that policies differ from airline to airline in a lot of cases - do you know who you will be flying for any domestic travel within India?

If you have the name of the airline I'm sure someone has flown with them and can give you first hand advice :)

3. CityLites

CityLites New Member

IndiGo allowed me to carry a 23kg bag on a Lucknow - Delhi flight and back. However, as mentioned above the only way to be 100% is to check with your specific airline. You don't want to be scrabbling at the airport to reconfigure your baggage between carry on and luggage.

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

This would entirely depend on the carrier's baggage policy. Each carrier should have it on their site. You will have to investigate based on which airline you want to purchase tickets from.