1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Indian Highway

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Dhruv, May 23, 2015.

1. Dhruv

Dhruv Member

We have all seen the bad and worst roads and India highways, but I think there very few roads which we can class as being the best. I have travelled a bit and been on different highways and till date the best highway I have been on is the Jaipur - Ajmer highway. The road is smooth, hardly any traffic, if only all roads in India were like this!

2. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

The best roads i ever been to are as follows, though some are not higways but all have a great scenery :-

In hills :-
    Silliguri -Darjeelling road and darjeelling- gangtok..
    Mysore-Ooty

Kanyakumari-Madurai.. excellent highway with loads of windmills, less traffic( could have increased) well maintaned roads to some extent...
    Most of the highways in south india i have been to are beautifully mentained.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

The best highway I have seen in India is the Taj expressway. Toll works out a little more then Re1 per kilometer but it is worth it. I managed to go up to 182km/hr speed continuously for 30 mins without having to take my foot off the accelerator even once. I got to Agra exit in less then an hour and a half that morning. I started around 2AM and there was hardly any traffic.

Dont try to get upto that speed now because traffic has gone up since I did it. I am talking about when Taj express way was inaugurated so there was no traffic atall that night.

BadBoy likes this.
  4. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

Wow! thats some extremely high speed for a very long duration.

5. Chahal

It was an hour and a half not an hour. (Typo)

6. Anurag

Anurag Member

Taj Expressway is that also known as Yamuna Expressway, or is that something different?

7. Chahal

It is the same thing.

8. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

both are same i guess.

9. JaiPatra

JaiPatra New Member

Mumbai - Pune Highway (NH 4) is the best India highway in my opinion. I haven't been abroad but the highway looks just like a foreign country highway, and is absolutely smooth to drive on, only thing lacking was a speedy posh sports car.

10. Amrit

Amrit New Member

I have never had the chance of going that far out, but would love to experience these popular highways. I think even normal roads should be as good, but the problem is the traffic in India, if it was more organised then there would not be any issues with traffic jams.

11. Shik

Shik New Member

I have heard a lot of about particular highway and it is supposed to be the best in India. I think the only way to experience these highways is by driving yourself, but taking your car that far is across to Pune/Mumai is impossible!

12. Prits

Prits Member

I would not call it an actual highway road, as it is a flyover. The Panipat flyover is very nice, goes over the city traffic which means you get to the next city much quicker, unlike before when it used to take a very long time. I would love to go on the Jaipur-Ajmer highway or even the Mumbai-Pune highway if I am lucky enough.

13. Anubhav

Anubhav New Member

How much time does it take to get to Agra is you go using the Expressway?

14. Chahal

Depends where you start from. If you ask about Delhi then it took me less then an hour and 20 mins from the time I entered the expressway till the Agra exit.

15. Sramana

Sramana Member

NH7 - Madurai-Kanyakumari. They have recently been broadened as well. Makes for very smooth, fast driving. Very scenic as well!

Gori Bride likes this.
  16. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

thats a good news..

i have been to that highway.. the cluster of windmills make the travel even more enjoyable..

Sent from my GT-S6102 using Tapatalk 2