1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place to Buy Silk Sarees in Kanchipuram

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Amrita, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Amrita

Amrita New Member

I will be in Tamil Nadu, visiting some of the famous temples and seeing the beaches there. I am quite fond of getting attire from different states and in Tamil Nadu silk sarees are very popular especially the saris from Kanchipuram.

I would like to know where the best place to buy silk sarees in Kanchipuram is?

I would like the name of a shop which does not rip you off, as being from outside of Tamil Nadu and not speaking the local language there are high chances that I would be overcharged.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Amrita!

Here's a list of shops in Kanchipuram that sell silk sarees:

Cooperative Societies. They have high quality sarees although there's not much variety and they're priced a bit higher.

• Arignar Anna Silk Society. Located at Arignar Anna Silk Co - Operative Sales Complex, No 72, Vallal Pachaiappan St, Kanchipuram 631501.
    • Murugan Silk Society. Located at 79, Gandhi Road, Kanchipuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 631501.
    • Kamakshi Amman Silk Society. Located at No 14 Seshathri Palayam Mettu Street, Little Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu 631501.
    • Thiruvalluvar Silk Society. Located at No.49 G 4/G 8, Pallikoodathan Street, Kanchipuram HO, Kanchipuram 631501.
    Commercial Stores. Sell lower priced sarees although they aren't really pure silk at times. But they have quite huge varieties.
    • Prakash Silks. Located at No. 87, Gandhi Road, Kanchipuram 631501.
    • A.S. Babu Sah. Located at Old No 83 New No 36, Nadu Street, Kanchipuram 631501, Sheikpet Near Taluk Office.
    • Pachaiyappas Silks. Located at 167,Gandhi Road (opp. Theradi), Kanchipuram 631501.
    I hope this helps!