Best Place to Buy Silk Sarees in Kanchipuram

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by Amrita, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Amrita

Amrita New Member

I will be in Tamil Nadu, visiting some of the famous temples and seeing the beaches there. I am quite fond of getting attire from different states and in Tamil Nadu silk sarees are very popular especially the saris from Kanchipuram.

I would like to know where the best place to buy silk sarees in Kanchipuram is?

I would like the name of a shop which does not rip you off, as being from outside of Tamil Nadu and not speaking the local language there are high chances that I would be overcharged.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum, @Amrita!

Here's a list of shops in Kanchipuram that sell silk sarees:

Cooperative Societies. They have high quality sarees although there's not much variety and they're priced a bit higher.

• Arignar Anna Silk Society. Located at Arignar Anna Silk Co - Operative Sales Complex, No 72, Vallal Pachaiappan St, Kanchipuram 631501.
    • Murugan Silk Society. Located at 79, Gandhi Road, Kanchipuram, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 631501.
    • Kamakshi Amman Silk Society. Located at No 14 Seshathri Palayam Mettu Street, Little Kanchipuram, Kanchipuram, Tamil Nadu 631501.
    • Thiruvalluvar Silk Society. Located at No.49 G 4/G 8, Pallikoodathan Street, Kanchipuram HO, Kanchipuram 631501.
    Commercial Stores. Sell lower priced sarees although they aren't really pure silk at times. But they have quite huge varieties.
    • Prakash Silks. Located at No. 87, Gandhi Road, Kanchipuram 631501.
    • A.S. Babu Sah. Located at Old No 83 New No 36, Nadu Street, Kanchipuram 631501, Sheikpet Near Taluk Office.
    • Pachaiyappas Silks. Located at 167,Gandhi Road (opp. Theradi), Kanchipuram 631501.
    I hope this helps!