1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Place To See Rhinos In India?

Discussion in 'Wildlife and National Parks' started by AlapanB, Jan 19, 2016.

1. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

Rhinoceros, along with tigers and elephants are one of India's most famous animals. I've always been fascinated by these big, horned softies. But I don't really like animals in captivity and yearn to see them in their natural habitat, being... well, themselves!

Can you guys suggest some places where I can watch Rhinos in their natural habitat? It would be awesome if the National Park/ Wildlife Sanctuary has safari/trekking activities for observing these amazing creatures. Thank You.:)

2. Jiggy

Jiggy New Member

I was just reading somewhere that The Sunderban is a great park for seeing rhinos in the wild. You'd probably have to book a safari there, but I'm sure you'd get to see rhinos and many other beautiful creatures.

3. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

Well, Sunderbans is a fantastic place to visit, but sadly it has got no rhinos. It's a Tiger reserve, where people go to watch various kinds of animals like tigers and leopards and crocs. But there are no rhinos there. :(

Thank you for the suggestion anyway! :)

4. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

There's a great thread on the forum already which mentions some wildlife parks and one that was mentioned specifically with rhinos in mind was Kaziranga National Park. That might be worth looking into! :)

AlapanB likes this.
  5. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! I would also recommend Kaziranga National Park for seeing rhinos in their natural self. This sanctuary has two-thirds of the world's one-horned rhinos. It is located in Assam, India. But hiking is prohibited in the park for safety concerns. They do have observation towers for viewing animals. You would be excited to read that 80% of visitors of this park loved the rhino sightings! Good luck!

AlapanB likes this.
  6. Tamboa

Tamboa New Member

I'm embarrassed to say that before I saw this thread I didn't know that there were rhinos in India! I can't believe how much I am learning here.

7. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

You can see rhinos in most of the national parks and wildlife reserves located in northern India. India has the highest population of one horned rhinos in the world.

8. AlapanB

AlapanB Member

Thank you all for these very informative answers! I looked up Kaziranga National Park on the internet and based on the information, Kaziranga will definitely be on the top of my go-to lists this summer! I've learned a lot from this thread! Thank you again! :)

9. Andrew

Andrew New Member

Rhinos are amazing animals. On one trip to San Diego we visited the Wild Animal Park. The park had animals from around the world. I know they had a few Rhinos from India. I hope that some of the natural wild life parks in India are like the one in San Diego. It would be interesting to visit one.