1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bus from Chennai to Coimbatore

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Arvind, Jul 30, 2016.

1. Arvind

Arvind New Member

I require some help from the forum to finding me a suitable bus from Chennai to Coimbatore. There are few things which are would like when choosing the bus and bus service.

I would like to bus preferably to be a Volvo bus but not necessary, as long as it should be an AC bus.

I would like the travel on a bus which is comfortable, as the journey would be long.

I need to know where to depart the bus from in Chennai and where it would arrive in Coimbatore.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Arvind! Welcome to the forum!

You have some options for buses from Chennai to Coimbatore:

1. State Express Transport Corporation (SETC) or Tamil Nadu State Transport Corporation (TNSTC) - They have about 954 buses going to different cities in Tamil Nadu. Here are their bus timings for the route of Chennai to Coimbatore:
    • SETC Route 460 V Ordinary Buses - They have different bus timings and depart daily at: 18:00, 20:15, 21:30 and 22:15. Fare is at Rs. 215 per passenger.
    • SETC Route 460 UD Ordinary Buses - They have different bus timings and depart daily at: 18:30, 19:30 and 20:45. Fare is at Rs. 290 per passenger.
    • SETC Route 460 AC Bus - Departs from Chennai at 21:00, fare is at Rs. 460 per passenger.
    For Ultra Deluxe Buses, here are their timings:
    • Ultra Deluxe Buses Chennai to Coimbatore - 3:05 pm, 5:30 pm, 6:00 pm, 6:15 pm, 6:30, pm, 7:30 pm, 8:15 pm, 8:45 pm, 9:00 pm, 9:15 pm, 9:45 pm and 10:15 pm. Fare is at Rs. 360 to Rs. 460 per passenger.

2. Private Buses - There are many private buses in this route, from Chennai to Coimbatore. Some of them are:
    • Parveen Travels (Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 12:15 pm and arrives at 9:15 pm. Fare is at Rs. 615 per passenger.
    • Kallada Travels Suresh (Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 7:00 pm and arrives at 5:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 850 per passenger.
    • Sona Travels (Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 8:15 pm and arrives at 4:30 am. Fare is at Rs. 850 per passenger.
    • Thunaivan Travels (Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 9:00 pm and arrives at 6:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 600 per passenger.
    • Hebron Transports (Volvo AC Multi-Axle Semi-Sleeper) - Departs at 9:00 pm and arrives at 4:00 am. Fare is at Rs. 780 per passenger.
    I only included the Volvo AC ones since that is what you wanted. But there are also ordinary buses and AC buses.

For the SETC Buses, they depart from the Koyambedu Bus Stand in Chennai. The address is:
    • Koyambedu Bus Stand Address - 80,Tiruvalluvar St,Koyambedu Metro Station,Virugambakkam, Koyambedu, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600107.
    They arrive in the Coimbatore SETC Bus Stand in Coimbatore:
    • Coimbatore Bus Stand Address - S.E.T.C. New Bus Stand, Gandhipuram, Coimbatore, 641044.

Private buses depart from different pickup points. But in Chennai, you can find different bus stands for them:
    • SRM Bus Terminus Address - No. 1/1, 100 Feet Road, Near CMBT Bus Stand, Opposite Adyar Ananda Bhavan, Koyambedu, Chennai, 600107.
    • Koyambedu Omni Bus Stand Address - G7 - G8, Sriji Commercial Complex, Koyambedu, Chennai, 600107.
    Then, they arrive in the Omni Bus Stand in Coimbatore:
    • Omni Bus Stand Coimbatore Address - NH 209, Doctor's Colony, Gandipuram, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641012.

I hope this helps.

:)