1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buying white marble statue in Agra

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by RedArcher, Dec 26, 2014.

1. RedArcher

RedArcher New Member

Today I was at Taj Mahal in Agra and this is the first time in my life that I saw such a magnificent historic building. I am totally amazed by its beauty, architecture, structure and the fine art work. After my visit to Taj Mahal our guide took us to old bazaar near Taj Mahal where I wanted to buy one of the white marble statues, but decided not to go for it as the shopkeeper wanted complete amount in advance which made me suspicious. He promised to ship it to my address in the US within 90 from the date of purchase and even offered discounts too.
    Can you please tell me how wise it is to pay the amount and can I trust him or not? Also, is there anybody here who has purchased anything like this before?

I will really appreciate any tips or suggestions

Thanks in Advance

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

I wouldn't pay up upfront unless it is a well established outlet that has some good reviews on the internet and also beware of fake reviews. It does sound tempting to buy at throw away prices that you see as compared to what you would pay in the US and other countries. Also make sure the item is insured to the full value in case of damage in transit.