1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What to see in Agra

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by MarioRoss, Dec 9, 2014.

1. MarioRoss

MarioRoss New Member

Hi

This is my second visit to India and I already been to Taj Mahal in 2004 so I am sure still the same and nothing has changed there in last 10 years, so this time I am not planing to visit Taj Mahal, can anybody suggest me what else is worth visiting in Agra because if there is nothing else worth visiting then I will just delete Agra from my planner and adjust my dates somewhere else. Any inputs are appreciated.

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

You could see the Red fort at Agra and also Fatehpur Sikri is a short drive from there. Fatehpur Sikri has for a big fort that you can see which has some nice art work besides the rich history it represents. Another 30 mins from there is Bharatpur bird century which is famous for the hundreds of different types of birds that arrive every winter.

3. Bholae Nath

Bholae Nath New Member

Please do not skip Agra, we got some new touts there now, with new and improved tech to fool you. Taj Mahal is still the same and even I unable to find any difference in last 30 years but I don't know why I still go there every-time I visit India :(

If you do not want to visit Taj Mahal then you have few more options around like:

Fatehpur Sikri: Its a small town around 40 Kms from Agra and was residence of The Great Mugal Emperor Akbar

Buland Darwaza: It was constructed in 16th century to mark Akbar's victory over Gujrat, it's truly magnificent and must go according to me.

Tomb of Salim Chisti: It's tomb of sufi saint salim chisti and well known for its its white marble and beautiful carvings.

Bharatpur Bird Century: A cool and calm place to spend your day in green forest with million of birds and reptiles around.

In bottom line I will not suggest you to miss it.