1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Cabs In Nepal

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by Salman, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Salman

Salman New Member

I intend to take cabs on hire for my sightseeing tours and for going out of the capital city. Are cab services easily available in Nepal and are they affordable or very expensive? If they are too expensive I may consider traveling by buses.

2. Travguy

Travguy Member

A friends of mine just returned from Nepal and he told me that cabs are very easily available whether it is day or night. They are not too expensive although long trips may be costly and you may consider going by bus.

3. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

Cab services are available in major cities and towns in Nepal. In cities, that standard cab rate is just about 40 rupees per kilometer (which is 40 cents). Always hire cabs individually, and avoid hiring through agency.

4. Dybbuk Jones

Dybbuk Jones New Member

Individual cab drivers work very hard for their money and their fares, so it's best if you just find the cabs outside. If you call a cab service, it might lead to difficulty for the cab driver. Definitely cities in Nepal really have a great public transportation system so definitely consider taking the buses just to see the sights from a different perspective.