1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Calicut to Wayanad Bus Service

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Chotan, May 18, 2016.

1. Chotan

Chotan New Member

I am from Calicut and need to reach Wayanad and that too by bus. I would like to know about the Calicut to Wayanad bus services available, and the information which I need is is which bus service is the best and most comfortable and at what times the bus leaves from Calicut and then arrives at Wayanad.
    Many thanks.

2. Deven

Deven Member

To get a bus from Calicut to Wayanad you should go to Mofussil bus stand, where you will find many private and government run buses like KSRTC buses. A bus journey would take you roughly two hours, depending on traffic and the distance you would cover from Calicut to Wayanad is 75km.

You can also get the buses for Mysore or Bangalore, which also go past Wayanad.

For a comfortable journey I would suggest you get a Volvo AC bus.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The distance between Calicut to Wayanad is 85 kms. If you take the bus, it can take you around two hours or more to reach Wayanad. Your best option would be taking an AC bus as it provides the most comfort to passengers. To reach the bus station, you need to take an auto rickshaw from the Calicut Railway Station to the Mofussil Bus Station. Once you reach the bus station, it can be easy to ride a bus going to Wayanad.

I cannot seem to find many bus timings online. I was able to find one bus service which is the Cochin Express Whiteline Group. It departs at 2:30 pm and the price of the fare is Rs 399. You will arrive at Wayanad at 4:30 pm or maybe even a bit later.

Take note that it will be hard to actually ride an AC bus. There's not much AC buses although there's lots of non-AC ones. So that's just a head's up so you won't get disappointed.

Enjoy your trip!